Chicago checking in - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 11-17-2015, 03:36 PM   #1

Default Chicago checking in

Hi, new soon-to-be Crosstrek owner in Chicago checking in!

I have decades of midwestern VW driving and ownership experience and am new to Subaru. I have a 2016 Crosstrek on order, expected late November 2015 and am looking forward to discovering what this vehicle and brand have to offer. I've driven my GTIs on some pretty rough winter roads and deep woods trails over the years, so I expect it will be entertaining to see how a vehicle actually designed for those conditions performs. I am not excited about the limited torque in the Crosstrek, but am excited about nearly every other aspect of the machine.

C-Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2015, 01:06 AM   #2
Site Team

My Vehicle: 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek 5MT

Welcome to the club!

I'm not from that area but I am almost certain you'll feel the difference of Symmetrical AWD in adverse conditions that your area will experience.

If you haven't already, I highly recommend you read the first post of this thread since you are new to Subaru:
http://www.clubcrosstrek.com/forums/...tips-3277.html
Old 11-18-2015, 01:57 AM   #3

Thanks, I happened to read that post earlier today and am looking forward to executing my first pre-flight check.

Aside from making sure the sill plugs are in, alignment is good, and basic detailing, any tips for inspecting the vehicle upon delivery?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2015, 11:44 PM   #4

Welcome from central Lake County, IL
gtshnzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 12:23 AM   #5
Site Team

My Vehicle: 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek 5MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Spock View Post
Thanks, I happened to read that post earlier today and am looking forward to executing my first pre-flight check.

Aside from making sure the sill plugs are in, alignment is good, and basic detailing, any tips for inspecting the vehicle upon delivery?
Tire pressures are very often overinflated from the dealer. If you haven't already, adjust them to the tire pressure specs on your placard. Unfortunately, it seems many of those who perform the PDI's on Subaru's vehicles don't even bother setting the tire pressures to spec like they should be doing!
Old 11-20-2015, 04:28 PM   #6

Good tip. It shouldn't be an issue in my case as I'm going to be putting on a set of winter tires as soon as I pick it up, but thank you nonetheless for the head's up!
Old 11-20-2015, 04:29 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtshnzr View Post
Welcome from central Lake County, IL
Thanks gtshnzr!
Old 11-23-2015, 07:27 PM   #8

The snow was great this weekend, all 16"+, up here in the great North! I think the XV had something to do with it.
gtshnzr is offline   Reply With Quote