Alpine KTP-445U Power Pack & other ?'s - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 05-06-2016, 05:56 PM   #1

My Vehicle: 2016 Crosstrek Limited
Default Alpine KTP-445U Power Pack & other ?'s

Anyone install or know about this item: Alpine KTP-445U Power Pack Alpine KTP-445U Power Pack Compact upgrade for any car radio — 45 watts RMS X 4 at Crutchfield.com. I'm thinking about installing this to boost the power to the Kicker speakers. Also anyone know the power handling of the factory Kicker speakers? Crutchfield is also saying I should get this: AudioControl LC6i (Black) 6-channel line output converter — add aftermarket amps to a factory system at Crutchfield.com
I don't see why I need that? I will be installing this hooked up to the rear speaker inputs: Kenwood KSC-SW11 Compact powered subwoofer at Crutchfield.com

fhartell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2016, 11:44 AM   #2

I have the same amp to power the kicker speakers it's not like a dedicated amp but it does the job nicely. I made my own forward reverse harness and so I didn't have to splice any factory wire. I also hooked up a kicker hs8 sub which after some wear in time sounds great
Atticus570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 01:16 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atticus570 View Post
I have the same amp to power the kicker speakers it's not like a dedicated amp but it does the job nicely. I made my own forward reverse harness and so I didn't have to splice any factory wire. I also hooked up a kicker hs8 sub which after some wear in time sounds great
What year is your Crosstrek?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2016, 08:13 PM   #4

My Vehicle: XV Crosstrek CVT Limited w/ Nav+Moonroof

Any wiring/install instructions by any chance? I'm okay with wiring, but have never done an amp before.

Turkeytoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 11:10 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkeytoe View Post
Any wiring/install instructions by any chance? I'm okay with wiring, but have never done an amp before.
Go to Crutchfield and search for the amp. You can download from their.
Old 05-28-2016, 05:27 AM   #6

I have a 2015 6.2 model ,I attached a picture of the harnesses I bought unfortunately I forget exactly but there is a pin you need to pop out and put in one of the empty spots look on the naosic forum I think there's a diagram there somewhere , as for wiring it's pretty simple any wire that's not a speaker your going to just solder or tape or what ever connection method you use to put them together on the two harnesses. Than you will need to tap into the power and ground wire from the amp using some sort of splice connector. Than on the amp you will need to cut the rca jacks and connect the speakers wire coming from the the female harness(pins not plastic connector) to them and then connect the output speaker wire from the amp to the speaker wire that would be on the male harness side. If you can come across extra speaker wire to use between the two harnesses take the time and do it ,that's one thing I wish I did because even though the amp fits behind the head unit it's tight and I didn't leave my self a lot of slack
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (77.1 KB, 7 views)
Old 05-28-2016, 05:28 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhartell View Post
What year is your Crosstrek?
2015 6.2 starlink headunit