Another Tweeter upgrade story...(not a saga!) - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 08-09-2013, 04:11 AM   #1

My Vehicle: 2013 Subaru Crosstrek XV
Default Another Tweeter upgrade story...(not a saga!)

Also took the opportunity to install the Kicker Tweeters this afternoon. The dealer will be installing the Kicker door and rear speakers (no sub for now), but the tweeters were a snap. Literally unplug and plug in the new ones. Use a very thin screwdriver with some protection to keep from scratching the plastic of the dash and just stick it in the seam and the speaker pops out with almost no effort. You'll need a short handled Phillips screwdriver (which I didn't have), or adapt something else like I did (a ratchet with a screwdriver head on the end). Just be careful not to drop any screws or the screwdriver head because there are some slots around the speaker that they could fall into and I have no idea how much of the panel you'd have to take out to get to them. (Wherever they landed, you could be assured they'd find a nice rattle spot..)

Unclip the old, in with the new (the new only go in one way, so there is no screwing that up). Tighten down the new screws and you are on your way. Once you change out one, try turning on the stereo and push the fader all the way to the front speakers so you can compare the sound from the two. You'll notice much sharper and crisper highs with the Kickers than the factory. That said, I thought the Kickers would have a beefier backing to them..but they are actually slimmer, but have much better sound..

All in all a very simple and straight-forward upgrade that anyone can do..

BeachAV8R

BeachAV8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2013, 07:20 AM   #2

My Vehicle: XV Crosstrek CVT Limited w/ Nav+Moonroof
Default Re: Another Tweeter upgrade story...(not a saga!)

Thanks for all the pics and info! I'll be doing the same mod as soon as I can snag all 6 kicker speakers for a good price. I'm not putting a sub as I'm not a fan of too much bass, but the door speakers could be a little better. Where did you get your tweeters from, if you don't mind me asking?

Turkeytoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 03:13 AM   #3

My Vehicle: 2013 Subaru Crosstrek XV
Default Re: Another Tweeter upgrade story...(not a saga!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkeytoe
Where did you get your tweeters from, if you don't mind me asking?
I ordered them from eBay but made sure it was an authorized Subaru dealer:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=121151340877

Good luck!

BeachAV8R
BeachAV8R is offline   Reply With Quote