Bluetooth :contacts - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 04-13-2013, 07:40 PM   #1

Default Bluetooth :contacts

is there seriously no way to upload your phonebook straight to the bluetooth? such a pain having to add people or still have to use my phone to find someone and call them with my phone. :-[

calex61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2013, 07:51 PM   #2

My Vehicle: 2015 CBS WRX
Default Re: Bluetooth :contacts

As far as I know there is not, very annoying, I agree.

Also moved this over to the Audio sub-forum.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:12 PM   #3

My Vehicle: 2013 XV Crosstrek Limited CVT- Satin White Pearl

MY phone uploaded all contacts to a pioneer head unit just fine so I know that it is possible. I cant get it to work with my Subaru head unit. When I select "from phone" the phone says bluetooth disconnected and "searching" on the head unit. Its like the head unit drops bluetooth as soon as you try to upload your contacts. Wonder if it is a bug or it is a setting or something.
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2013, 06:41 PM   #4

My Vehicle: 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek Limited

Unfortunately.. It is not a bug or missing feature.. For some reason Subie has completely crippled the bluetooth functionality (I came from a Ford with Sync, so maybe I was just spoiled...)...

It for some reason is VERY dependent on what phone you have and what headunit you have.. Alas, our Crosstrek has the Premium Color Screen HU (non-Nav) and my with has an iPhone 4 (non-S) and it cannot transfer contacts whatsoever (manual input only...) but with my Android Sony Xperia TL, I can "upload" a contact one at a time (not my entire phonebook all at once).

But if you have the Premium HU with Navi, you can download your entire phonebook to your HU with any phone (iOS or Android or Windows Phone)..

It's weird and annoying on why they limit the bluetooth feature in this sense.. And if we would have known, we probably would have sprung the extra cash for the Navi (even though I heard it sucks..) for this feature...

Here is where I pretty much found all my information on what I just said above: https://www.subaru.com/owners/resour...oth/index.html

EDIT: A plus side to this is that if you know someone (Spouse/family member preferred) with an Android phone, you can upload the contacts you want through their phone as the phone book in the HU is NOT dependent on the phone that is connected...
bkosh84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:13 PM   #5

according to the info provided in your like it looks like I can add a contact one by one via bluetooth. I checks my phone and it has an option to share the contact via bluetooth. I'll try it tonight. Adding one at a time will be better than typing it manually. we'll see if it works.
Old 07-31-2013, 07:55 PM   #6

it works, I have sucessfully added the contacts I need- one at a time. Still better than manually entering names and numbers.
Old 05-30-2016, 12:28 PM   #7

What phone are you using? If iPhone, would you mind listing the steps? Thank you in advance.
LisNguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 11:55 PM   #8

Finally after not being able to use blue tooth in my subie for two years, after downloading marshmallow 6.0 the same samsung s5 hooked right up to my subie car media system...
Deal Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote