NAV update SD card - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 01-15-2014, 08:06 PM   #1

My Vehicle: Subaru 2014 Crosstrek Sport Limited Tangerine
Default NAV update SD card

2014 XV loaded with SD card 2012 Q4. What is the latest update from Subaru and should the newest edition be included with the new car?

johnbolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2014, 04:18 AM   #2

My Vehicle: 2014 Subaru Crosstrek XV Black
Default Re: NAV update SD card

I don't have a NAV in my car but check here https://subaru-na.naviextras.com/shop/portal, but I think the 2012 is the latest. This is also not my area of expertise by any means though, just what I found.
Old 01-16-2014, 01:13 PM   #3

My Vehicle: Subaru 2014 Crosstrek Sport Limited Tangerine

Thanks, been to that site. They do mention 2013 Q1 but they only mention cars from 2012-2013. I have a 2014.
johnbolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2014, 02:06 PM   #4

My Vehicle: '13 XV Crosstrek Limited, Silver, Roof/NAV

I have the NAV as well, and was wondering if we get a certain amount of updates for free? I'm sure it's in my book if I'd look at it lol.
zoominb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 02:01 PM   #5

My Vehicle: '14 XV Premium | Metallic Gray | NAV

I too have been looking for updates and I don't like what I'm reading. On another XV forum there is quite a long list of people complaining about this issue. I've gone to the Subaru navigation site where you can get updates..............for $189. Nothing free or listed as included that I could find. From other users accounts this seems to be the norm and people are getting the run around from Subaru.

I emailed the contact at subaru for navigation support, but suspect I'll be told the same as others..... I have to go to the dealer tonight anyway to sign some final papers on the sale and will be sure to ask.

*also not thrilled with the fact that the update to purchase is also a year out of date anyway.........
Rogue3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 08:34 PM   #6

Subaru map site told me basically, "we will not give you any updates". Even though what came on the car is out of date and a newer one exists.... Told me to see my dealer about it. The Nav in the XV is junk. Sorry I paid extra for it. Rather take the $189 for the DVD of new maps and put it toward a new head unit.
Old 02-15-2014, 03:33 AM   #7

So after calling customer service I got them to pay for the updates. They will reimburse me for the maps. Now the only issue is that none of the maps match my head unit......... really not impressed at all with this NAV system. Seems it's one issue after another. Also, using it locally just to play with it ( other than missing roads) it also has a problem finding a decent route. The so called fastest is never the fastest option, same goes for shortest. So, I really have no faith in it. the traffic info is also a joke. Google does a much better job for free.
Old 11-06-2014, 12:51 AM   #8

My Vehicle: 2014 XV Crosstrek 2.0 Limited

Quote:
So after calling customer service I got them to pay for the updates. They will reimburse me for the maps. Now the only issue is that none of the maps match my head unit......... really not impressed at all with this NAV system. Seems it's one issue after another. Also, using it locally just to play with it ( other than missing roads) it also has a problem finding a decent route. The so called fastest is never the fastest option, same goes for shortest. So, I really have no faith in it. the traffic info is also a joke. Google does a much better job for free.

I have the FM622US head unit and the SD card is 3Q 2012. I felt kind of cheated due to the 2012 map and buying a 2014 model in March 2014 upon learning that there is an update available from June 2014. I spoke with the service manager at my dealership and he contacted SOA and started me a case number. After speaking with SOA myself they are going to reimburse me for the update cost.

This is the text of the email from SOA with numbers and names deleted:

Hello Jim,

Thank you for contacting the Customer Retailer Services Department at Subaru
of America, Inc.

As per our conversation, please pay for the navigation map update and then
send us the receipt and we will send you a check to your address. You can
send us the documents in one of the following ways:

* Responding to this email, with the documents being an attachment
* Fax at 856-488-8607
* Send regular mail at:

Subaru of America, Inc
Customer Dealer Services
P.O. Box 6000
Cherry Hill, NJ 08034

Please refer to your SR#********** in all cases everything will be sent
directly to ******.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact us and allowing me to be of
assistance.

Customer Dealer Services
Subaru of America, Inc

You can download the Subaru Map update desktop (Official Map Update Center) and plug in your card. It took about 30 minutes or so and all is good. Roads that were not on my unit are now there. Very happy with the experience. Will update when I receive my check.

I was confused about the up date as well and customer service said to download the Map only update for $149.99
Husky liners
Torklift 2" hitch
KLEMMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 12:29 AM   #9

My Vehicle: 14 Crosstrek Limited SWP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLEMMER
Quote:

I have the FM622US head unit and the SD card is 3Q 2012. I felt kind of cheated due to the 2012 map and buying a 2014 model in March 2014 upon learning that there is an update available from June 2014. I spoke with the service manager at my dealership and he contacted SOA and started me a case number. After speaking with SOA myself they are going to reimburse me for the update cost.

This is the text of the email from SOA with numbers and names deleted:

Hello Jim,

Thank you for contacting the Customer Retailer Services Department at Subaru
of America, Inc.

As per our conversation, please pay for the navigation map update and then
send us the receipt and we will send you a check to your address. You can
send us the documents in one of the following ways:

* Responding to this email, with the documents being an attachment
* Fax at 856-488-8607
* Send regular mail at:

Subaru of America, Inc
Customer Dealer Services
P.O. Box 6000
Cherry Hill, NJ 08034

Please refer to your SR#********** in all cases everything will be sent
directly to ******.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact us and allowing me to be of
assistance.

Customer Dealer Services
Subaru of America, Inc

You can download the Subaru Map update desktop (Official Map Update Center) and plug in your card. It took about 30 minutes or so and all is good. Roads that were not on my unit are now there. Very happy with the experience. Will update when I receive my check.

I was confused about the up date as well and customer service said to download the Map only update for $149.99
I was in a similar position I bought mine at the end of February with Q4 2012 maps. I asked my dealer about it and they said they were not aware of new maps. I went to the Subaru website and called the number for the maps. The number is actually just for company that provides the updates they said Q1 2013 is the most recent map and that I would have to pay.
I called Subaru and the rep checked and confirmed there is an update that was released June 14. I pointed out that on their website it states the following: "If you have purchased your new Subaru vehicle within the last 12 months you have the most recent map update."
http://mapupdate.navigation.com/subaru/
They told me to buy the update and send them the invoice and they would reimburse me. I did the update and checked I now have Q1 2013. I asked if this was the most recent update and was told the June 14 update is for Q1 2013 updates.
Old 12-18-2014, 02:08 PM   #10

My Vehicle: 2014 XV Crosstrek Premium (red)

I bought the NAV system as well... How do I check for the version? How is it updated?