Scrolling Album/Artist/Song Title Display? - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 12-19-2012, 02:26 PM  

My Vehicle: 2015 CBS WRX
Default Scrolling Album/Artist/Song Title Display?

When listening to a CD (and maybe true for USB as well, I haven't tested yet), you can hit the TEXT button and it will give you options to show Album Title, Artist Title or Song Title. However, one issue I am having is that if the title of the album/artist/song is longer than the little radio readout display, the text doesn't scroll and you can't read the entire name.

This is rather annoying to me since I listen to a wide variety of music both from my collection as well as others' who give me new stuff to try out. If I can't read the full name of a song or artist it really bugs me.

Does anyone know if there is a way to make the text automatically (or even manually) scroll on the display to readout the entire titles? I am guessing the same issue is true for the Imprezas.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2012, 08:04 PM  
Site Team

My Vehicle: 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek 5MT
Default Re: Scrolling Album/Artist/Song Title Display?

Quote:
If you press the "TEXT" button again and hold it, the title will be scrolled so you can see all of it.
From 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek Owner's Manual, online copy of section here, found at page 5-19 http://techinfo.subaru.com/proxy/695...17ASTIS_12.pdf

Subaru Owner's Manuals can be obtained online through here: http://www.subaru.com/owners/resourc...als/index.html
Old 12-19-2012, 09:16 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDfreak
Quote:
If you press the "TEXT" button again and hold it, the title will be scrolled so you can see all of it.
From 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek Owner's Manual, online copy of section here, found at page 5-19 http://techinfo.subaru.com/proxy/695...17ASTIS_12.pdf

Subaru Owner's Manuals can be obtained online through here: http://www.subaru.com/owners/resourc...als/index.html
Oh, wow, thank you! I was even reading through the audio section of the owner's manual last night and must have just skimmed over that part. Thanks again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2012, 10:10 PM  
Site Team

My Vehicle: 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek 5MT

Yeah it happens. The Owner's Manual is helpful, but there are so many warnings that it ends up being so difficult to find what you're looking for. That's why I use digital copies to find what I'm looking for, CTRL + F works wonders
Old 06-30-2013, 12:14 AM  

My Vehicle: 2013, Premium, Dark Gray Metallic

Now i am having a scrolling issue. When listening to FM radio, station/artist/song would scroll. Now it is like it froze up. If i mess with the "text" button, i can get station, then artist, then song to "page" but it will not scroll. Wife is mad at me. I drove it for a day, she says i broke it.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:04 PM  

My Vehicle: 2013, Premium, Dark Gray Metallic

Ok....... the scrolling page is working properly. It appears a broadcasting issue may have caused the radio display to freeze up.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:36 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mifiremedic
Ok....... the scrolling page is working properly. It appears a broadcasting issue may have caused the radio display to freeze up.
I don't know about where you are from, but here in LA it depends greatly on the radio station. Some stations it broadcasts the song information just fine while others it seems to not come through or be a jumbled mess.