Speakers - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 01-24-2013, 02:52 AM   #1

My Vehicle: 2013 Tangerine Orange Crosstrek Limited
Default Speakers

Well I just went ahead and ordered Crosstrek Kicker speakers online for a fraction of the cost at the dealer! I'll let you guys know how the install goes, and what the sound difference is like. I'm upgrading from the 6 speaker set that comes stock with the Limited Crosstrek.

I'm really excited to hear a much improved experience - hopefully I'm not let down

Got the tweeters and speakers for $309 including shipping.
The dealer would have charged $449 for the 4 speaker upgrade, and an extra $319 for the tweeters!

jkbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2013, 07:33 AM   #2
Site Team

My Vehicle: 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek 5MT
Default Re: Speakers

Please report back, the day I buy an XV I am almost certain I'm going to get the Kicker speakers (and maybe even the tweeters), and am curious if they're worth the extra cost.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:24 PM   #3

I have the 4 speaker Kicker upgrade and I think they sound nice. I want to get the tweeters now to finish it off.
Tech707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2013, 05:11 PM   #4

My Vehicle: 2015 CBS WRX

Very cool, where did you order from? I am super interested in seeing what your thoughts are.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:39 AM   #5

My Vehicle: 2013 Tangerine Orange Crosstrek Limited

I oRdered from subarugenuineparts - they shipped out today so hopefully by Monday I can test them out !

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDfreak
Please report back, the day I buy an XV I am almost certain I'm going to get the Kicker speakers (and maybe even the tweeters), and am curious if they're worth the extra cost.
If you get the premium edition you'll definitely want upgrades from stock. I test drove one and was realllllly disappointed by the sound and I was comparing to my stock 2000 Saturn SL1!
jkbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:07 PM   #6

I think my speakers sound pretty damn good. I am coming from an Outback Sport that had one blown speaker and three terrible speakers, though. Maybe it's just my deafness from years of drumming.

I wonder if mine has the Kicker upgrade. I don't remember if the sticker had anything about the speakers. Kind of embarrassing I don't know :-[. Any way to find out?
Old 01-25-2013, 06:03 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClubCrosstrek
I think my speakers sound pretty damn good. I am coming from an Outback Sport that had one blown speaker and three terrible speakers, though. Maybe it's just my deafness from years of drumming.

I wonder if mine has the Kicker upgrade. I don't remember if the sticker had anything about the speakers. Kind of embarrassing I don't know :-[. Any way to find out?
You also missed the wheel locks on the sticker so it's possible. Pop a speaker cover off and take a look.
Tech707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:34 PM   #8

My Vehicle: SUBARU XV-S CVT

In AUS we get a 6 speaker system the fronts are just splits so i dont realy call it a 6 speaker system they sound a bit mudy to me, i think some sound deadening will help. But i will be puting a amp and new speakers in when i get some cash.
Old 03-09-2013, 03:33 PM   #9

My Vehicle: Desert Khaki 5spd

Yes, need to hear what y'all think of the difference, whether they're worth it. Without some more amps to drive them I can't imagine they would be much better.

Tried out my iPod Touch in the car last night and sound quality is vastly superior...almost tolerable. The menus are very confusing, and I couldn't find a way to select by album, just by song number in consecutive order. I'm sure I'm missing something.

Personally, I think a small powered sub makes a huge diff as well. I put one in our Scion XB when we had it and was a really nice addition for very little money. It fit in under the passenger seat, although it took up the foot space under the set for the back seat on that side. Not sure I'd want a unit in the cargo space.

I'm not sure what I've got going on though...I setup the bluetooth pairing to my phone, figured out how most everything works, but now when I press the button for voice command the display shows BT SETUP and locks up. Have to turn the key off to reset it. None of the buttons work, it just freezes. Any ideas? Is there a master reset or something?
Desert Khaki 5pd Crosstrek - Subaru #3
CJBROWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:48 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJBROWN
I'm not sure what I've got going on though...I setup the bluetooth pairing to my phone, figured out how most everything works, but now when I press the button for voice command the display shows BT SETUP and locks up. Have to turn the key off to reset it. None of the buttons work, it just freezes. Any ideas? Is there a master reset or something?
Very odd, I haven't experienced anything like that with mine. I am at work but did a quick search and found nothing for it. I would check the actual model number of your head unit (it's printed on the front) and start searching using that. If you find no easy DIY fix then I would definitely take it straight into Subaru.