Touchscreen Problems (brand new 2016 Premium) - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 07-31-2016, 07:51 PM   #1

My Vehicle: 2016 2.0i Premium in Hyper Blue
Default Touchscreen Problems (brand new 2016 Premium)

Hello,
Hope I'm posting this in the proper sub-forum. I am a new Subaru Crosstrek owner (just under 1,000 miles after ~3 weeks) and have discovered some significant issues with the touchscreen. I tried searching for 'touchscreen problems' and similar but was unable to find this addressed in the forum at large, or within this audio subgroup.
The basic problem is that the touchscreen 'buttons' (little rectangles) have stopped working for me, or work only very sporadically. Seems like even when they were working properly for me (the first week or so), you had to put your finger exactly in the right position to have them turn blue and function properly. This is frustrating (and dangerous). And now they are not working at all. E.g., listening to a CD and simply want to go in and adjust some of the audio settings... keep trying to push buttons, and some even light up (and/or the check mark comes on in settings, e.g., speed volume control), but the change in setting doesn't 'take'.
Has anyone else had similar problems, and if so -- what is the recommended fix? I have tried resetting all audio settings to factory default, and then tweaking the buttons again, but am still having the buttons work only sporadically at best.
I love 90% of my Crosstrek functions/capabilities so far, but this touchscreen stuff could be a dealbreaker for me moving forward. If I have to return to dealership to address this, I will.
But am hoping someone may have a 'quick fix' for me.

thanks very much,
Hal in Black Mountain, NC

halcb56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2016, 02:16 PM   #2

Default Touchscreen issue

Hal, I also just bought a brand new 2016 Crosstrek Premium and have touchscreen issues. I'm also located near you, so chances are we bought from same dealership.
Blue Ridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 07:59 AM   #3
Site Team

My Vehicle: 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek 5MT

I currently have a loaner 2016 Subaru Crosstrek Limited w/ Nav and the Subaru Starlink infotainment system and have not had any significant touchscreen issues so far.

Bring it up to the local Subaru dealer first. If that doesn't help, you may need to contact Subaru of America, since they do have a dedicated Starlink help line.
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2016, 01:14 PM   #4

Default Re:AWD

Thank you AWD-I've actually been to the dealer 4x about that screen in the last 3 weeks, and contacted Subaru of America. If it happens again I'm going to ask them to replace the car.

Hal, did you get yours resolved?
Blue Ridge is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audio, settings, touchscreen