Voice command to "Go home" - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 04-18-2016, 04:10 AM   #1

Default Voice command to "Go home"

First post here...this about my 2016 Crosstrek's navigation system. I'm used to a Garmin, and to simply telling the Garmin to "Go Home" when I want to navigate directly home without a bunch of intervening commands. With the Subaru's navigation system I can't for the life of me figure out how to do something similar. I've tried Navigation--> Destination --> Home. That sure doesn't work. I have managed to set up my home. And I can get the system to eventually go home if I push enough buttons. But what is the secret voice command that makes the unit "Go home"? Can't find anything in the Nav manual that seems to address the issue. Thanks! And sorry if I made a newby mistake here.

gtownsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2016, 04:14 AM   #2

I set my GPS with the home command to go to the police dept. I use a restaurant name to get me to the actual house. That way if someone steals the car with the keys I hopefully don't loose the car and the stuff at the house.
Sparky_of_SoCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 04:30 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky_of_SoCal View Post
I set my GPS with the home command to go to the police dept. I use a restaurant name to get me to the actual house. That way if someone steals the car with the keys I hopefully don't loose the car and the stuff at the house.
Thanks. Good safety tip. But what is the exact voice command sequence to get you to your home? Navigation --> Destination --> Places --> Restaurant Name? Am I right in thinking you can't just press the voice command button and say "Go to Restaurant Name"?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2016, 04:54 PM   #4

I know for my voice command to get into the Navi is "Find Address" after the initial prompt. I believe you should be able to say "Go Home" with the next prompt
mi.cheng89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 01:58 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi.cheng89 View Post
I know for my voice command to get into the Navi is "Find Address" after the initial prompt. I believe you should be able to say "Go Home" with the next prompt
Thanks for the idea. I tried that but it doesn't work. The system take the word "home" and attempts to match it with names of places that have the sound of "home" within. The commands "go home" and "home" take me nowhere useful.

Tags
navigation go home voice