$5k XV Hybrid Market Adjustment Fee? - Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums
Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Old 07-12-2019, 03:59 PM   #1

My Vehicle: Sigourney our XV, and Pearl our XT
Default $5k XV Hybrid Market Adjustment Fee?

While getting our 13XV serviced today I took a walk around the sales lot.

There is a beautiful blue XV Hybrid Plug-in model sitting front and center. Looking at the new Crosstrek intrigued me, until I noticed a sticker to the right of the actual MSRP window sticker.

There is a +$5,000 market adjustment on a Subaru MSRPd at $39,420, bringing the potential total to $44,420 for a Hybrid Crosstrek.

Now, with a Federal tax credit of $4,500, and a potential CA clean vehicle rebate of $1,500 (up to $3,500 for income eligible buyers in CA), you would receive $6k (up to $8k) in end of year credits.

We love our 2013 XV Premium and we paid $23k for Sigourney with multiple OEM port installed accessories.

I understand times change, but good Lord, Subaru is in trouble with Crosstrek Hybrid sales, again, if dealers are eliminating the Plug-in incentives through market adjustment fees.

There are several reasons why we would not purchase an XV plug-in at this time, with current adjustments deterring us from a second thought consideration.

Subaru of America, please encourage your dealers to actually push the environmental friendly efforts of the Subaru branding. We love what you do for our communities, please re-examine the focus for your Hybrid point of sales.

Just my two-cents. What have you found at your local dealers for the Crosstrek Hybrid sales?

Daniel

The Hulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2019, 09:08 PM   #2

My Vehicle: 05 big turbo STi - 18 ADF lifted Crosstrek

$5k is nothing compared to this markup found in the Bay Area California..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mark-upSXVPiHybrid_001.jpg (83.4 KB, 18 views)
Old 07-13-2019, 03:10 AM   #3

My Vehicle: 2019 Crosstrek Hybrid

Yea, the markups are wild. I live in the Bay Area of CA as well, and all dealers around me were adding between 5k and 20k on top of MSRP. They did note that if I ordered one, they would sell for MSRP—the markups are only applicable to the vehicles on dealer lots.

I got curious and requested quotes from dealers in Oregon, and one offered me $800 under MSRP. I made the quick decision to take a road trip up there and grab it a few weeks ago. Glad I did! I love it!!
Arny416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2019, 09:45 PM   #4

no spare tire, and when you fold seats flat you still have the battery hump sticking up a few inches higher in the back so large things that need to lay flat just won't work...
fshtco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 05:44 PM   #5

Anyone who would pay $5K or more over MSRP for a car isnít making a sensible decision.

When the Toyota Prius Plug-in came out, it was the same thing, but within ten months dealers were flooded with the things and they discounted them like mad.
Rebound is offline   Reply With Quote