Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

No ports or vents in rear? WHAT?

15K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  teeceRS 
#1 ·
I've had my 2019 LTD for a little over a year. Have never been in the back personally. I had my two 11 yr old nephews last weekend. As soon as we got on the road, both of the little f*ckers started asking where the USB ports were, and where the vents for the A/C were. I just told them to look for them, they were there. LOL..I assumed they were there anyway.
When we got home, I looked and was like...WTF? :confused: I'm really confused about this car. They made the XV, IMO, for a younger sect of the driving population. Why in the hell would you not have USB ports and A/C - Heat vents in the back?!? Our other 2 vehicles that are a couple of yrs older even have these.
I also discovered on this trip that the cruise control controls don't work as well as my 2015 XV's. You used to be able to control acceleration and coasting from the steering wheel. My 2019 once the cruise is set at 75 (or whatever), and you hit the set button to slow down, when you release it, it doesn't set the speed to what you are!!!! And when you push the button up, you don't accelerate!
Have to be honest, my 2015 was a better vehicle in some respects than this 2019. Will keep this until 2020 then it's out of here. :(

#2 ·
Well, in all honesty you should have inspected a floor model to make sure it ticked all your boxes. I just use the resume button on mine to resume the speed I had it set to. On the bright side, you only have 12 more months to drive it before you are out of here.

#5 ·
Probably right. I just assumed when I told them to load me up with EVERY accessory that they could with the Limited, that something so basic would have been there.

There's really no bright side for me. (Obviously me being out of here would make you happy. lol)
I really enjoyed being a Subaru owner these past 3 models. (Well the 2 previous cars anyway.) I see my old 2015 5spd almost everyday on my way to the office. In the back of my mind, I keep saying maybe he'll want to swap! :p

#6 ·
I have a limited as well and I was really disappointed that there were no USB ports in the rear seats or a 12 V socket in the rear cargo area. I can live without the rear vents but come on this is supposed to be an adventure vehicle.... no 12 volt socket in cargo area ? Piff

#7 ·
Off topic...but on your profile/car pic you show your XV having the yellow fogs. Are those the overlays? Or did you do the LED Amber lamps? I had the overlays on my 2015 and they looked great too!
I'm thinking about the overlays again for this LTD while I still have her.

#11 ·
I use the cruise all the time and it works great. After setting a speed you can flip the little paddle up or down to set the speed you want and it goes to or holds that speed. If yours isn't working that way, maybe there's something wrong with it.

#12 ·
My other car is a 2019 “Premier” outback
Only 6k km on it.
It’s got heated seats, vents, and USB ports in the back. Also the lighter style power port near the rear hatch. This powers a fan to cool off the dogs.

The other big difference is the lack of e parking brake. The ebrake integrates with adaptive cruise so when it auto slows to a stop it goes on then when you need to resume you just push the gas to accelerate.

There’s also no hill holder function either.
However the manual parking brake handle works great with nice power!

So I would give the ebrake vs manual issue a tie because the manual brake is really that good.
Now that I think about it i had to pay extra for the three homelink auto dim mirrors all standard on the outback.
The again there isn’t a premiere version yet of the Crosstrek.
Both cars I had to pay extra for the rear seat back protectors.

#16 ·
The crosstrek is just a tall Impreza. The tenured Subaru owners should recognize the pattern. In the early 2000s Subaru transitioned the Impreza Outback Sport & the Legacy, and the Legacy Outback into the Outback we have today. The only differences in 2003 between the Legacy and the Legacy Outback was cosmetics on the exterior & interior and it had taller struts. The Crosstrek is essentially an Impreza Sport but taller. Same exact concept. The Crosstrek is identical to my Impreza just with taller struts, different bumpers, different wheels, and some smaller changes on the interior.

What I’m getting at is most sedans don’t have comfort features for the rear passengers therefore neither will the crosstrek. Subaru did offer the ports as a dealer upgrade though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.