Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums

Club Crosstrek | Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums (https://www.clubcrosstrek.com/forums/)
-   The Autoshow (https://www.clubcrosstrek.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   XV deep river crossing (https://www.clubcrosstrek.com/forums/f14/xv-deep-river-crossing-798.html)

Omaroo 05-20-2013 04:30 AM

XV deep river crossing

4 Attachment(s)
I put this up elsewhere, but this IS the gallery... so I've uploaded to here as well. :)

A couple of photos from a weekend a couple of weeks back with the Subaru 4WD Club - crossing the Wollondilly River in the Southern Highlands just south west of Sydney.

devintofthedead 05-20-2013 05:15 AM

Re: XV deep river crossing

That....is......amazing! Looks like so much fun.

DrSarcasmo 05-20-2013 09:25 AM

Incredible pictures! Every day I'm more impressed at what our Crosstreks are capable of!

Xtrekr 05-20-2013 01:31 PM

I looked at my wife and said, " COME AWN!!!! SEE?!?!? " showing her the pics with a smile....

I got 'THE LOOK' and said... "DON'T EVEN THINK about it..... That's why you have the Jeep!!!"

RubySu 05-20-2013 05:22 PM

I love how the water line looks like its over the front grill and onto the hood, uh bonnet?! (Not sure which you call). Fantastic though! It appears the water has the perfect rocky base to drive through without sinking into mud or sand which is the #1 concern here in SC. Just curious, did you walk it first?

Wilco1973 05-20-2013 05:29 PM

Great pics. Looks like a lot of fun.

SakesMense 05-21-2013 01:09 AM

Well done! I have the same trim package and hope to take similar pictures soon!

Omaroo 05-21-2013 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubySu
I love how the water line looks like its over the front grill and onto the hood, uh bonnet?! (Not sure which you call). Fantastic though! It appears the water has the perfect rocky base to drive through without sinking into mud or sand which is the #1 concern here in SC. Just curious, did you walk it first?

Bonnet, yes. LOL

As part of a convoy of more than a dozen vehicles, the leaders usually walk it. By the time I had my run I knew exactly where obstacles lay. This is also a very familiar local river crossing for the club, so no surprises.

The bottom is covered in fairly large, very rounded and slippery boulders. These are inter-filled with smaller stones, levelling the path a little. It's still vey undulating, but because it flows reasonably fast there is no mud or silt on the bottom - just sand as it washes past.

RubySu 05-21-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaroo
Quote:

Originally Posted by RubySu

Bonnet, yes. LOL

As part of a convoy of more than a dozen vehicles, the leaders usually walk it. By the time I had my run I knew exactly where obstacles lay. This is also a very familiar local river crossing for the club, so no surprises.

The bottom is covered in fairly large, very rounded and slippery boulders. These are inter-filled with smaller stones, levelling the path a little. It's still vey undulating, but because it flows reasonably fast there is no mud or silt on the bottom - just sand as it washes past.

Those are the best kind of river crossings! I absolutely love these type of days. Group of like-minded outdoor adventurist doing what we love to do. 8)

silverrey 05-21-2013 11:21 PM

Awesome! I saw your video on one of your other posts - looked like a blast of a day!!!

What did you have to do to the any of the electronics before you went in?