Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if my 2017 will work with these 15" Method 501 rims. Offset is 48, like stock, but will rotors and calipers fit in there? Pretty sure that older models do, but I've read somewhere that the 2017 does not???

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
The 2017 model year uses the same exact brakes as previous model years of the same generation. It's the 2018 model year, the 3rd generation Subaru XV Crosstrek, that may possibly use different calipers.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks again for your input AWDfreak, I am most appreciative. I just pulled the trigger on the 501's from Method, should be here in a week. Now.......for the tires. Looking at the A/T's from Yok, G015 in the LT so I can air down and have some extra sidewall strength for Mexico. 215 75/15. This tire wheel combo is only 1 lb heavier than stock stuff. Any input on these?

·
Registered
72 Posts
I think some folks have installed the 15" Method 501s and have not reported problems clearing the break calipers. However when I looked into them on TireRack they advised against them because the clearance was too tight.

I went with the 16" Sparco Assetto wheels also with the 48 mm offset same as stock. with the Yoko 235/60 GO15s. I did have an Anderson 2" lift kit installed as well. I have no rubbing and no handling degradation.

My setup is for the beach.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Anyone know if my 2017 will work with these 15" Method 501 rims. Offset is 48, like stock, but will rotors and calipers fit in there? Pretty sure that older models do, but I've read somewhere that the 2017 does not???
I have a 2019 with the same wheels all fits fine

1 - 5 of 5 Posts