Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, new member here. First time posting after a long time of lurking.... I've had my Ice Silver 2018 Limited since September of last year and I absolutely love the Crosstrek... I'm in love with the vehicle but I feel it's about time to get into some more serious mods.. starting with wheels! I've been bouncing back and forth between the ever popular 15x7 Method+KO2 setup and a more street setup with some Enkei Raijins in the 18x8 for quite some time... I love the look of both styles but I'd like my MPGs to stay where they are (29-31 combined).. and I'd also like to be able to go on offroad adventures with ease and the peace of mind that I won't bend a wheel.. I'm not talking rock-crawling here because let's face it the Crosstrek isn't exactly a rock-crawler even with the clearance it has... more just dirt roads, sand, mud, snow, etc.

I stumbled upon the Method 501 Rallys and I think I've pretty much settled on those... but I have only seen a couple posts on here and subaruxvforum about it.. and from what I gather the 15" MR501s had an issue with strut contact in some form.

My questions are do the 17x8 MR501 Rallys suffer from the same issue? Will my combined MPG take a huge hit from this combo? Will this combo also sap my HP/TQ in the same way a 15x7 setup does?

My idea is to pair the 17x8 Method MR501s with a 225/60/17 Falken Wildpeak A/T to get the looks of a bigger wheel, functionality of A/T tires, while having a robust setup that doesn't kill my MPGs or power. I'll eventually put on some Bilstein B6s and RalliTEK stock height springs for the front with .5" overload springs in the back.

Anyways sorry for the essay guys thanks for your help!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Here is a link to my set up. My rims have not had any alignment issues or contact with the body.

225-60R should even not require any re-calibration of your speedometer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a relief... and the setup looks good! I've also sent a message to Method themselves since posting.. I'll post their reply once I get it for anyone else that's interested. Did you notice any MPG drop?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice! I wonder how the Falken Wildpeak A/Ts would compare because that's the one I've had my eye on...

This was the reply from Method about the MR 501s:

"The fitment issues on 15” wheels is typically brake clearance. The 17” 501’s will fit your Crosstrek without any issues."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts