Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been seeing this pop up around the forums. How many of you received two years free maintenance when purchasing your XV? I certainly didn't! :-\ Bought in November though so maybe offer wasn't available??

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
RubySu said:
I've been seeing this pop up around the forums. How many of you received two years free maintenance when purchasing your XV? I certainly didn't! :-\ Bought in November though so maybe offer wasn't available??
I bought in December and didn't get it. I even asked the dealer but he said he couldn't do it and at that point I was happy with my monthly payments so I didn't press hard.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I got free oil changes for the life of the vehicle; but, I actually changed the first one myself.

This perk is on the dealer, not Subaru. Apparently the dealer I bought it from makes so much loot they can extend these awesome perks to the customer just to get the business.

I bought mine in September.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I did ;D
Forget what it was but it was like 25000 mile free maintenance. It goes in this weekend for its first oil change checkup.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I got it (2yr / 25K miles) ... but I don't remember seeing any particular 'official' paperwork for it (I'll have to go back and check). An email from my salesman guarantees I have it though.
I'll be testing it out when I bring it in for the first oil change (only have ~350 miles currently).
Got mine earlier this month (May) at Barber Subaru in Ventura, CA.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Re: 2 yr. Maintenance included NOT

Bought in Jan 13 and no maintenance.
Didn't even think about it, as was just glad to
find the car I wanted...only 1 in no. Cali., at the time.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Bought mine May 10 with 2 year/20,000 mile free oil service. Bought it from Ladin Subaru in Westlake Village, Ca

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok....not really seeing a pattern other than it seems most in Ca. did get it, other than a 1 person. Maybe just individual dealer? I'm ok with it-just curious. When we've bought premium brands before, it was included but oil changes were at 10,000 miles which was too long IMO.

·
Registered
148 Posts
My dealer offers free lifetime powertrain warranty to the original owner as long as you follow the maintenance schedule to a tee and can prove all maintenance if you don't have it serviced at their dealership.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Well, looks like a dealership thing. According to my salesman at Barber in Ventura, it's 2 yr/24k complimentary maintenance, which includes oil changes and tire rotations.
That's all I know for now.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks to all of you who responded. Good to know its out there for future purchasers. Maybe they can mention it in their negotiations. Every little bit helps 8)

·
Registered
194 Posts
I got it but I was also told the store was factory owned - don't know if that has anything to do with it or not.
The paperwork I got after the sale looks like they paid for it from Subaru. Anyway, yes, 3500 first oil change and every 7500 after that for 2 years. They probably won't be willing to do it early so I'll end up doing it myself. They did tell me it came with free service but I didn't pay much attention.

BMW includes it for 3 years I think. Toyota includes it for 10K miles. Mercedes offers it for sale but it's expensive so I never bought it. I just DIY.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Bob and All other members,

Per Subaru of America the 2 yr / 25k mile scheduled maintenance freebie is Region and Model specific, in our South East region it began on sales starting on February 1st, 2013 through present.

Here in the South East region of the US Subaru is promoting sales by offering complimentary service package at no cost for select models, their slower sales units. Unfortunately in SC, Florida, and Georgia the XV is on the not too many sold list so that is a sales perk provided to the buyer here. There will be some paperwork that you will complete at the time of purchase and then SOA will send you a letter a few weeks after the finalized purchase.

We extended the service contract to 3 years / 36k miles for $395 to include the listed services, a few major points are the brake and coolant flush, cleanse, and fills.

Again, it is only on the Subaru Scheduled maintenance services listed in our XV manual. A few oil changes, a cabin filter or two, and an air filter or two. Something is better than nothing so we'll take it.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The said:
Bob and All other members,

Per Subaru of America the 2 yr / 25k mile scheduled maintenance freebie is Region and Model specific, in our South East region it began on sales starting on February 1st, 2013 through present.

Here in the South East region of the US Subaru is promoting sales by offering complimentary service package at no cost for select models, their slower sales units. Unfortunately in SC, Florida, and Georgia the XV is on the not too many sold list so that is a sales perk provided to the buyer here. There will be some paperwork that you will importer at the time of purchase and then SOA will send you a letter a few weeks after the finalized purchase.

We extended the service contract to 3 years / 36k miles for $395 to include the listed services, a few major points are the brake and coolant flush, cleanse, and fills.

Again, it is only on the Subaru Scheduled maintenance services listed in our XV manual. A few oil changes, a cabin filter or two, and an air filter or two. Something is better than nothing so we'll take it.
Thanks Dan- that's useful information.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I bought mine late-April from a Dallas dealer, and the 2-year maintenance plan was included (covers the first 4 oil changes starting at 3500 miles, and the next three are done at 7000 mile intervals). I don't recall tire rotations being included, but I'll look into that.

Edit: Was cleaning out some mail, lo' and behold, the 'Subaru Added Security' maintenance policy was in there. Mine is 2 years or 24,000 miles. Engine Oil, Filter and Drain Gasket are included at each interval. In addition, Tire Rotations are included at certain intervals (roughly around every 7,000 miles; 3 free rotations fall within the allotted mileage). It appears that 15,000 miles is the first major checkup as there are a number of other items they check, including the brakes (pads, discs, lines, etc), axles, clutch (if applicable), and steering & suspension.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Glad you found it skillet....my luck it would have went out in the trash ;D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts