Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend that is getting rid of his leather seats (front and rear) on his 2012 Impreza. Does anyone know if they will fit -bolt in - on my 2013 Crosstrek? I have just the basic manual trans.
Another thought - Not sure if his has the airbags in the seats but I don't think mine does. Would that be an issue?
Anyone knows where to point me to so that I can find out cross compatibility I'd greatly appreciate the help.

-Mitchell

·
Registered
820 Posts
Hello Mitchell. I'm quite sure your XV DOES have seat air bags on their most lateral aspect. All XVs have the same amount of airbags regardless of model. I m not sure about seat compatibility but would not be surprised if they bolt right in. I would check with your dealer...they should know or be able to find out. You might also check with a good upholstery shop in your area. Good luck!

·
Registered
714 Posts
Actually, the XV does not have airbags in the seat. All of the side curtain airbags are in the trim in the pillars which is the same for the Impreza. Take a look at the pillars of your car and it's actually marked where the airbags are, they sit under the headliner just above the marks. I would imagine that they would bolt in just fine.

Edit: see post below. I was sort of incorrect! Sorry!

·
Registered
142 Posts
So why do the aftermarket seat covers have a slit of the side of the chair?. I am not being a smat aleck, just truly asking.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Many universal covers have them to fit various cars. If they're XV specific then I'm not sure. I'll double check the parts diagrams at work tomorrow for exact locations on the airbags but again I'm pretty sure they're up in the headliner. If they're on the seat is has to be marked and there are no tags or logos on the seats.

Edit: I was wrong, well I was right and wrong. There are small bags that deploy from the lower portion of the seat back but the side curtain bags are in the headliner. So I guess it's both! My apologies. And there is indeed a tiny little SRS tag on the back of the front seats!

Also, the Impreza should have the same lower seat airbags.

·
Registered
168 Posts
This car definitely has side bolster airbags. That was a big part of what I was looking for when I got the car. That bag saved my day when I got t-boned in my Volvo C30. The other car hit right on the b pillar and when the side of the car came in on me the bag rotated me into the center and saved my hip and shoulder from significant injuries.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts