Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi out there. I just purchased y new CrossTrek. My wife and I checked them out this past Saturday and were totally hooked. Very cool car - looking forward to putting some miles on it!

White Premium - 5 MT

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Very nice! Welcome to the site, I hope you like it here and stick around.

What made you purchase the Crosstrek? Are you outdoorsy? Live in a snowy area? Just like the ride heigh and good gas mileage?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Congrats on your new crosstrek :) We have ordered ours but have to wait for ours to come in :-\ Enjoy your ride :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We actually had an outback that I was totally happy with that we traded in. My wife was the one that initiated the move to go to the CrossTrek. We are your typical Subaru owners - into the outdoors, motorsports and that kind of thing. I do a lot of track days and autocross in my STI.

I think the number one thing that made us want to change was the styling. It is a totally cool car. We got the roof rails and the roof basket on it as well as the rear hatch spoiler. Its hot. I also like that since it is white it sort of matches my STI.

As far as the performance goes, it is pretty similar to our old outback. Maybe a little peppier, with a little bit better gas mileage. Its a little smaller so that is a trade off but overall we are really excited to have it. My wife drove it to work and she said people were asking her what it was! Its fun to be cutting edge for once.

We are looking forward to rolling the miles onto it!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My STI is stock. I tinted the windows, added a clear bra for protection against autocross cones that 'jump' in my way and mudflaps from Rally Armor for the rally look. It is a fantastic street car and for my occasional track/autocross adventures being stock is just fine.

Someday (when it is paid for) I might do more to it, but for now it is pretty fun the way Subaru built it.

If you have the chance to pick up another, i recommend it. they are a lot of fun.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Stetson said:
My STI is stock. I tinted the windows, added a clear bra for protection against autocross cones that 'jump' in my way and mudflaps from Rally Armor for the rally look. It is a fantastic street car and for my occasional track/autocross adventures being stock is just fine.

Someday (when it is paid for) I might do more to it, but for now it is pretty fun the way Subaru built it.

If you have the chance to pick up another, i recommend it. they are a lot of fun.
Yeah, I hope to one day add an STi or a BRZ to my garage next to the Crosstrek.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts