Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
I checked into this since I will be picking up my XV soon and found on Subaru.com that the cargo tray and cargo cover are listed as standard equipment on both the premium and limited models.

I printed out the information to show the dealer in case the car does not have them.

You can see it here... http://www.subaru.com/vehicles/xv-crosstrek/vehicle-specs.html, under 'Amenities'.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I checked with Subaru directly to be 100% sure and this is their reply...

Thank you for taking the time to contact Subaru of America, Inc. and for your order in a 2013 XV Crosstrek. The 2013 XV Crosstrek models come standard with a cargo tray and a cargo cover. A Subaru dealer should not remove standard features of a new Subaru vehicle.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hector4Christ said:

Thank you for taking the time to contact Subaru of America, Inc. and for your order in a 2013 XV Crosstrek. The 2013 XV Crosstrek models come standard with a cargo tray and a cargo cover. A Subaru dealer should not remove standard features of a new Subaru vehicle.
Can you tell me who you talked to at Subaru? I'm picking up my car this afternoon and I want to make sure. I already paid separately for it. Thanks.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hector4Christ said:

Better yet... can you forward me that email....

[email protected]

Thanks.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hector4Christ said:

Just spoke with LAURIE at customer service and she confirmed that the cargo tray is included

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hector4Christ said:

Here's the reply I got to confirm yours... pissed that my dealer charged me for it.

Hi Robert,

Thank you for calling Subaru of America, Inc. The XV Crosstrek comes with the cargo tray standard in both the Premium and Limited models. I have attached a copy of our brochure. On page 10 of the PDF you will see the cargo tray listed as standard equiptment for the XV Crosstrek.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,
Laurie
Customer/Dealer Services

·
Registered
800 Posts
Hector4Christ said:

Interesting....my dealer tried to charge me for the cover so I just said I didnt want it. When I drove off with the car, there was one in the back. I'd say that pretty well confirms what Subaru is saying.

·
Registered
129 Posts
AlexAlejan said:
Hector4Christ said:

Interesting....my dealer tried to charge me for the cover so I just said I didnt want it. When I drove off with the car, there was one in the back. I'd say that pretty well confirms what Subaru is saying.
Are all these dealers such crooks? I've had a 9 year relationship with my dealer (Bill Kolb Jr. Subaru in Orangeburg, NY). I'm surprised they'd screw me over for $75 bucks. I feel like cancelling the car and go somewhere else.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I wouldn't say that all the dealer's/salesmen are crooks. Seems to me that some are probably just uninformed, probably since this is a new model and most cars don't come with these extras as standard equipment. The salesman that I worked with seemed relieved when I told him that I had researched the car and knew all there was to know about it. He didn't seem to know too much concerning the Crosstrek. I just want to be prepared when I go to pick mine up and get what I paid for. I don't trust dealers and I don't think I ever will.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hector4Christ said:
I wouldn't say that all the dealer's/salesmen are crooks. Seems to me that some are probably just uninformed, probably since this is a new model and most cars don't come with these extras as standard equipment. The salesman that I worked with seemed relieved when I told him that I had researched the car and knew all there was to know about it. He didn't seem to know too much concerning the Crosstrek. I just want to be prepared when I go to pick mine up and get what I paid for. I don't trust dealers and I don't think I ever will.
I find that hard to swallow. These guys sell lots of cars. That's an easy item to slip past the customer and make some extra money.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I just got another message from Subaru regarding the cargo tray controversy... Looks like Subaru might be doing something about it.

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the update! I'm glad to hear you didn't have any problems getting your $70 back. In every other model it is an accessory, so I can understand where the salesperson was coming from. It worries me also that this may happen to other customers. I am going to send your case to upper management and hope they pass the word on to the dealerships about this. I think they just need it pointed out!

Have a great weekend.

Best regards,
Laurie

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hector4Christ said:
That's good to know and I am glad that I was of help to you in getting your money back. Good to know that were making a difference. More power to clubCrosstek.com!
You're the guy that got the ball rolling!

·
Super Moderator
2,940 Posts
Steering ratios and lock-to-lock

Subaru XV
Steering Ratio:
15.5:1
Steering wheel turns, lock to lock:

Subaru XV Hybrid

Steering Ratio:
14.0:1 quick ratio
Steering wheel turns, lock to lock: