Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am really hoping I am WRONG on this, but is the XV limited in production like the Subaru BRZ ?
I mean if anything the XV should be Subaru's new CASH COW and there should be literally BOATLOADS
coming twice a month every month from Japan.

I haven't read anywhere about limited production, but I had to ORDER my XV because none of the XV that is about
to arrive at my local dealer will have the I wanted the Navigation option which I want.

·
Registered
70 Posts
i talked to my dealer about this the other day and he said he hadn't heard anything about it being a limited production...

i know thats not straight from the horse's (subaru's) mouth, but its pretty close!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I don'nt know about limited production , but my dealer(Ramsey Subaru Des moines, Ia)told me that ordered xv's would take 5 months.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
backpacker62 said:
I don'nt know about limited production , but my dealer(Ramsey Subaru Des moines, Ia)told me that ordered xv's would take 5 months.
Wow, so are they not keeping any in stock? Or do they just mean if you order one toy our exact specifications then it will take 5 months? Either that means they aren't making very many of them or they can't keep up with the demand for them.

·
Registered
20 Posts
their selling them as fast as they come in,they have had 5 or 6, sold right away ,they really don't know what they will be getting or when or what color ,subaru just sends them some ,so they said if you order to your spec's it will take 5 mo.all the dealer in eastern Ia are selling all their XV's right away you can't go look at one unless you see it unloaded off the truck,the fist one we saw was in the service bay being prepped and it was sold aready.

·
Registered
10 Posts
They are hard to find. They are limited. Not as much as the BRZ but still limited. Now my local dealer has 10 Imprezas on the lot when you could not even get a test drive when those rolled out. Outbacks were the same thing two years ago. Just wait for the initial hype to die down.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
dboz said:
They are hard to find. They are limited. Not as much as the BRZ but still limited. Now my local dealer has 10 Imprezas on the lot when you could not even get a test drive when those rolled out. Outbacks were the same thing two years ago. Just wait for the initial hype to die down.
+1 on this. Even though a lot of people probably still haven't heard of the Crosstrek, I feel they are seeing them around or on the Suby lot and falling in love. That, along with Subaru not knowing how many will sell initially so they probably are a little behind demand.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts