Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

New to Subie and the forum. Have had my eye on the Crosstrek for about a month now. But since seeing the new 2014 (Hybrid) from the autoshows, I'm wondering if you guys think it would be better to wait for the newer model? I don't really care about getting the hybrid, but just assume the 2014 gas engine will have some of the same changes.

~Mango~

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
First off, welcome to the site, thank you for signing up.

As far as '13 v. '14, if you aren't in a huge rush then I say wait and at least see what Subaru plans for the new model year. I would imagine rumors will start coming out soon, followed by official specs. If you jump the gun and get a 2013 now, you may regret it when the 2014 specs come out. Or you may decide that the 2013 is everything you are looking for and it may end up being cheaper.

Either way, we are all happy with our 2013's so I don't think you'll be disappointed either way!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
500 Posts
I don't expect there to be a need to wait based on features. But as CC said, if you don't need to update now, might as well wait and see what's coming. If nothing else, it's more time to save for a larger down payment.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I would have waited to see if the bring the diesel over here, or offer a turbo. But, as previously said, the 2013 has everything I need. I didn't want to put new shocks, tires and control arms on my '06 Explorer so I chose to buy a '13; no regrets!.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool! Thanks for the replies guys! Yeah, I don't need to update now. But I do look forward to owning a CT and my first Subaru later this year!!! So now I just play the waiting game and see what fun stuff they come out for in 2014.

·
Registered
105 Posts
ClubCrosstrek said:
Either way, we are all happy with our 2013's so I don't think you'll be disappointed either way!
Yes we are!!

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
I'm not expecting a turbocharged engine (or even the turbo diesel), but I am hopeful Subaru will implement their direct injection system just released on the FA20 DIT...

Because I would expect an MPG jump with direct injection... mmmm, fuel efficiency.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I heard somewhere that the Hybrid is only expected to get 3 more MPGs which is pretty paltry, it seems is if they are only doing it to say they finally have a hybrid. On top of that the Turbo Diesel would get much better MPGs that that and I'm sure direct injection wouldn't be far behind. If it is any less than a 10 - 15 MPG boost, I'm not impressed.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Here's something else to think about...what kind of driving are you expecting? If you aren't doing at least 1/2 of your time in the city, then the hybrid won't really get you much. (1/2 is just something I pulled out of my fourth point of contact. You'll have to decide your 'break even point'.)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts