Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, just wanted to introduce myself here in the forum. my first post!! 8)

My wife and I just traded-in her car (2007 Toyota Camry SE) and my car (2012 Mini Cooper Coupe JCW) for 2 new cars (2014 Acura RDX and 2014 Subaru Crosstrek)
Initially, Acura was an easy choice because we wanted a luxury yet affordable SUV over the previous coupe.
When we were trading in the Camry (decided to do so 3 days prior to forthcoming snowstorm here) I was contemplating on getting an affordable AWD car. Since we already had a SUV, I was thinking of getting a smaller car that had AWD such as VW Golf R or A4.
After redoing some financing, we ended up deciding to get something that would cost under $25,000.
I did my diligent research and found out there aren't that many cars that actually cost under $25,000 that had AWD.

I had a friend who has Subaru Outback and she actually suggested looking into Subaru.
I've never had Subaru before and never actually even thought of getting one either.
I always thought for some reason Subaru were expensive (cheapest starting above $30,000) with their rugged AWD.
Stopped by a dealer after work one day to test drive the Impreza, then saw the crosstrek in the lot!
I fell in love instantly with the design and was surprised to find out that such beautiful car was exactly something I was looking for. (AWD sub $25,000).
Ended up not even test driving neither Impreza nor the Crosstrek (LOL!), handed the man my check and drove the car home!

Ended up getting the 2014 Subaru Crosstrek Premium Blue Quartz over the Limited White.
Leather and backup camera was nice but chose the Premium. If the limited actually gave an option for HID lights, may have picked the limited but leather and bigger screen just wasn't worth the extra savings Premium had.

I've had it for about 2 weeks now and still in completely LOVE with the vehicle.
I've even drawn a line telling my wife that the RDX is her car now and Crosstrek is MINE! lol
I can't pinpoint why I love this car so much but I just can't seem to have enough of it.
To me, in every single way (including the higher price) RDX is a better car with it being fully loaded with tech packages, bigger, faster, more power, both AWD, sunroof, HID, MUCH better stereo system, etc etc etc etc but I'd still choose the Crosstrek over RDX every day.
In fact haven't driven the RDX since the day I picked up MY crosstrek !

·
Registered
567 Posts
Great story. I was a newbie to Subaru as well, prior to buying my pumpkin last October. I keep telling people the vehicle was made for me. It's awesome.

I bet that 2012 Mini Cooper Coupe JCW was a fun one to drive.

Welcome!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
andthereyouare said:
I bet that 2012 Mini Cooper Coupe JCW was a fun one to drive.
yes! it was one of the most fun car i had! i'm going to miss it :*(
only had it for a year and wouldn't have traded it in unless we needed a SUV.. besides the fact that my wife doesn't know how to drive a manual shift (wasn't going to teach her in MY car lol!)

Attachments

·
Registered
800 Posts
Welcome to the boards and to the club!

I was completely unaware of subaru pricing until a coworker of mine suggested the crosstrek. It fit my needs exactly, being in my price range and awd. The styling was just an added bonus!

Im sure you will continue to love your crosstrek as I do!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts