Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great day,
I bought my subi new and i love it. Recently, I have noticed it will not go into EV mode and I have alouder "gear noise" sound from what appears to be from the rear area. Could this be the electric motor engaged and not disengaging properly? I am a bit nervous...
Thank you so much for any help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
E.V mode not engaging

not sure if this is still relevant. I've encountered the same issue and it turned out to be the auxiliary battery. if you havent done so already go to an autozone or similar store and ask them to check the battery. you can check both but the auxiliary is the one on the passenger side.
dont get conned into buying the Phillips battery for a grand. go for the cheaper Optima 46b24r battery.

·
Registered
29 Posts
yep, that is correct. there is a prius version of the battery that is around $300, the subie one is $800. We just traded our 16 hybrid in for a 2020 non-hybrid to avoid having to buy both of the front batteries this year. got the bad news on the start battery a week ago but it was still able to start (barely) and the aux battery is usually right behind it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts