Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Relatively new here. Ordered a TOP Premium in September. The dealer happened to have what I had ordered allocated to him and was able to add my port installed accessories to the car. So I was able to take an earlier that expected delivery Halloween eve. Fitting for the color. 8)

Got a TOP Premium with Sunroof and CVT with port installed: popular package #2, remote engine start, roof spoiler, sport mesh grille, and body sidemoldings. Have some additional accessories to install. Got the Torklift hitch (for hauling our bikes), factory Kicker speakers (minus subwoofer), console tray, and the mirror turn signals. Currently have the mirror shells at a body shop getting painted. Will install the speakers when the mirror parts are done. Debating adding some sound proofing to the doors when the panels are off.

So far at just under 1,000 miles, the mpgs are at about 30.5 hand calculated. The dash readout has been showing about 2 mpgs higher. I personally blame the error on the ethanol in our fuel lowering actual mileage vs the amount of fuel used. Love the car so far. Has plenty of power vs what the reviewers have said, love the heated seats. Hoping the AWD does good in the upcoming snow. Have heard nothing but praise from Subaru owners in the area about that feature.

The only negatives so far are the terrible sound system and the remote start. The radio is very subpar and sounds like it came from a 1970's car. Hoping the new speakers will make it tolerable since the hidden menu tricks really don't make much of a difference. The remote start shutting off when you open the door is just plain dumb. I currently own and have owned other vehicles with a remote start, security key, and alarm and they do not shut off so that is just a dumb design on Subaru's part. I have seen the posts about blocking the door jamb switch but that defeats the alarm feature for that door.

All in all though, the XV seems like a good value for the money so far.

Attachments

·
Registered
159 Posts
Looks great! My kind of color. :)

And I'm with you on the stock sound system ... luckily, upgrading the speakers helps a lot.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Welcome subyrubyroo,

It sounds like you've got your new XV all dressed up with goodies. There's a lot of good info and good folks here on the forum. Enjoy!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts