Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

I've seen some threads on this but either very old or not specific to my Model and Year. If I missed a thread please redirect me!

I wanted to hear thoughts on process of updating the nav system.
I bought the car used last year and have no idea if the system is up-to-date. Though using it around Vancouver I know it isn't that up-to-date!

I haven't been able to see what 'version' I currently have and I'd like to know, if there is a newer version, what will be updated exactly? Is there a way to find this on the nav system in the car? The Subaru website isn't very forthcoming on details othr than how to do it once you buy the $60 download or $120 SD card (is this the safer install option?).

Also,. I have to let the car idle for an hour while it updates? In the alley behind my apartment? 馃お Yikes.

Anyone done an update and thought it was worth the time and expense?

Is there a way the update could get ****ed up mid-update (like any computer this can happen). And it bricks the car or bricks the nav sytem?

Registered
I download the updates here:

I then use the provided application to install it on a 16GB thumb drive. I then perform the update the next time I go for a drive I don鈥檛 need the head unit for. Usually takes about 15-20 minutes.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I know where to find updates. Was wondering if anyone knew what exactly gets updated, how do I know if my GPS is not up to date and if any problems can arise from the update etc etc (see my post above)

Thanks again to anyone who can help

1 - 3 of 3 Posts