Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I was looking to swap out the seats in my Crosstrek as they aren't the most supportive seats. I found an owner of a 2015 Subaru WRX that was looking to get rid of his seats on the NASIOC. They were relatively easy to install as our brackets are pretty much the same. I had to swap out the airbag pins though, and the passenger seat occupancy sensor gave us a pretty hard time but we got it to work. All in all, they hold very well to my body and are much more comfortable than the old Crosstrek seats. I ended up going with the cloth ones as my family (Including me) doesn't like leather seats and I couldn't find anyone willing to part with alcantara ones.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,941 Posts
I could have sworn VA chassis WRX and WRX STI seats were simply reupholstered Impreza/XV/Forester seats! Did they really have a different padding structure compared to the XV Crosstrek stock seats???

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The padding structure is actually entirely different, the base of the seat is longer and the side bolsters on the lower seat are higher. The same can be said for the back rest, the side bolsters are a bit tighter and actually protrude significantly. They are very snug for me. Also I believe the foam is much firmer as well.

I just used the connector from our old XV seat airbag and connected the pins from the WRX seats into it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts