Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm aware that the integration of Apple Car Play did not occur until 2017 models. I would like Apple Car Play for my 2016 XTrek. I've reached out to Subaru Customer Support asking, "Can I upgrade my 2016 with a newer Subaru OEM Infotainment Center?". The answer, unfortunately "no". "The Infotainment Center is manufacturer for a specific model PERIOD! And replacing any OEM Infotainment Center with an aftermarket audio system voids the entire cars' warranty." Has anyone upgraded their OEM Infotainment Center with a newer model year OEM Infotainment Center successfully integrating ALL buttons, knobs, switches, features etc., etc., etc.? I am NOT looking to replace with an aftermarket audio system. Thank you for your knowledge, expertise & time.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a 2017 Crosstrek Premium and I can tell you that it does not have Apple Car Play. That didn't happen until the 2018 when the body style changed. It does have Bluetooth and I have no problem streaming from my phone to the car that way.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a 2017 Crosstrek Premium and I can tell you that it does not have Apple Car Play. That didn't happen until the 2018 when the body style changed. It does have Bluetooth and I have no problem streaming from my phone to the car that way.
Major reason why I traded my '17 Premium for a '19 Limited! I wanted the Apple Car Play integration with Apple and Google Maps for navigation.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'm aware that the integration of Apple Car Play did not occur until 2017 models. I would like Apple Car Play for my 2016 XTrek. I've reached out to Subaru Customer Support asking, "Can I upgrade my 2016 with a newer Subaru OEM Infotainment Center?". The answer, unfortunately "no". "The Infotainment Center is manufacturer for a specific model PERIOD! And replacing any OEM Infotainment Center with an aftermarket audio system voids the entire cars' warranty." Has anyone upgraded their OEM Infotainment Center with a newer model year OEM Infotainment Center successfully integrating ALL buttons, knobs, switches, features etc., etc., etc.? I am NOT looking to replace with an aftermarket audio system. Thank you for your knowledge, expertise & time.
There are some folks who have installed an aftermarket. It won't void the entire warranty. If there was an issue with the powertrain, say, they would have to show that your new HU caused the problem (highly unlikely).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts