Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,
I'm considering upgrading the speakers on our 2018 Crosstrek Premium.
There are 2 preforated speaker dash panels, hiowever, I don't feel any type audio vibration while the unit is playing. I'm assuming the cavities are empty. When upgrading, I'm considering the addition of additional tweeters, to be installed underneath/behind those perforated panels.
So the big question is:
Even if there are not any installed speakers from the factory.... are the empty cavities already pre-wired from the factory? Reason I asked, my former late model SAAB was able to easily add accessories (as I acquired them) because the Saab was pre-wired for all accessories to accommodate a plug and play upgrade. I'm hoping Subaru followed SAAB's manufacturing process.

Any input would be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
73 Posts
They are in there, Search the forum and you should find many posts as to what people have done. There are factory upgrades as well as after market available.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are in there, Search the forum and you should find many posts as to what people have done. There are factory upgrades as well as after market available.

Appreciate the come back Doc!
Will do the deep dive in the forums.
Based on what I've already read... there's a whole bunch of variables.
I'm just looking for the "best bang for my buck" since those are in short suppliy
these days of COVID19.
All the best to you and yours,
Regards,
Rustpicker

1 - 3 of 3 Posts