Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are Crosstreks after 2017 still called XVs? If not, how do we abbreviate Crosstrek so we don't have to spell it out all the time? :)

I am a mod-junkie (former JK owner) so the first thing I did was add a bull bar and hitch. Then I was so frustrated with the crap stereo that I swapped the HU only to find out there was no harness out there to connect the steering wheel controls to it. Doh! Still prefer my new HU but will have to figure out the steering wheel issue prior to selling it one day. Looking to add a lift and new wheels/tires soon (after 10,000 miles). Would really LOVE to find a way to shut off the DRLs. Why doesn't Subi make the foglights the DRLs?? Anyone know how to do that?
Pretty happy with the way it handles in snow, never had AWD, only 4WDs.

Gas mileage is way better than the Jeep but not near the advertised MPG, even with my manual.

·
Super Moderator
803 Posts
Welcome and glad to hear you've been happy with it.

XV was dropped in the states a few years back. Some just call it an xtrek (bit shorter anyways), but we all know what is meant when its referred to as XV.

The HU was pretty problematic, but they have since released a few software updates to fix the issues. Mine has been more or less bug free for the last year or so. I just clocked 24,000 miles on my 2018 in the last 17 months.

·
Super Moderator
2,941 Posts
The rest of the world the Crosstrek is indeed called the Subaru XV. I still refer to it as the XV because the rest of the world refers to it as that, and as stupidchicken03 mentioned, it is understood that that is also used to refer to the Crosstrek.

It is only officially called the Subaru Crosstrek in North America.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts