Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I touch the outside passenger side front door handle, it unlocks all doors. This is great!

When I touch the outside drivers side front door handle, it unlocks only the front drivers door. This is a pain!

Most times when I go somewhere, I have my strong, 40 lb dog with me. He rides in the back seat, driver side.

So in order to get the driver side back door to unlock, I have to either go around to the passenger side front door, touch that door handle, then go to his driver side back door to load him into the car. Or I can unlock the drivers door only, wrestle with him to reach the inside unlock all doors button on the inside of the driver's door, while trying to keep him from jumping into the drivers seat, then go to the back door and load him into his seat. Or I can dig my fob out and figure out which button to press on the fob, if I have an empty hand, which is very seldom.

Isn't there a way to get the drivers door outside handle to unlock all doors just like the passenger side outside front door handle does?

It would be So much more intellectual, and convenient.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I believe there is in the settings mode on your touch screen. Both mine and my husband's 2019 LTDs are set that way. (I had set it up when we both got them last year) I honestly can't tell you how off the top of my head. :(

But it CAN be done. :)

Hope this somewhat helps.
-Keith

·
Registered
162 Posts
OK. So I tried this last night. And yes, that can be corrected through the settings mode. Once you get on the screen under settings, click on the box marked vehicle. Then just follow the prompts. ;)
-Keith

·
Registered
333 Posts
Yes, Keith is correct. If you have a Limited trim you can correct this. You could also go to your dealership and ask someone to show you how to do it. That is if anyone there knows how. Maybe the manual might help also.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
couldn't wait til morning. tried it tonight and it worked. thanks.
that'll make it so much easier.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts