Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Crosstrek Limited, Pearl White
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Have my '19 Crosstrek Limited in for service and was given the keys to a newish '22 outback (17K miles already).

I greatly miss my Crosstrek. The outback is bigger, as a throatier sound, more power, actually has decent acceleration, but that is where I stopped liking it. So, a quick pro / con list for you from my perspective (granted, I have not sat in a '22 Crosstrek either).

Pros:
  • Acceleration
  • power
  • exhaust sound
Cons:
  • uncomfortable seats
  • non-intuitive HU interface. (change heating / fan settings while driving is so distracting, actually having to basically open apps or windows to access).
    • ex. My '19 has a rocker switch for the seat heater. the '22 outback has you tap the heating / ac menu on the HU, then you have to tap the seat heater icon until the setting is where you want it. This is fine if you are stopped and set it before you drive, but if you are driving and want to adjust it, you have to go through the same process, thus taking your eyes off the road.
  • has the engine stop when car is at complete stop and foot on the brake. This takes getting used to, and when you do start again, you have to remember to wait a couple seconds before hitting gas, or else you really get jerked.
  • No map of any sort is preloaded into the HU. So, as it is a loaner and I use Waze all the time, I had to drive blindly through some areas. If the car had maps installed, that would have helped.
  • The adaptive steering is jerkier than I would expect. My wifes '17 CRV is primitive, my '19 Crosstrek is refined. This '22 Outback feels somewhere in the middle. Note, I do not use this feature often, but still an observation.
Hoping I only have this for the day.

·
Registered
2017 Forester 2.5i 6MT
13 Posts
Thanks for the write up! Not sure if you saw the recent SavageGeese video on YouTube about the Forester but they had a few things to say about the engine stop function. Definitely needs getting used to.

BTW, I'm surprised that you mention the seats are uncomfortable. Can you elaborate? My assumption is that the bigger car would be more comfortable. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Crosstrek Limited, Pearl White
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am used to the Crosstrek seats. They are a tad smaller, and fit me well. The Outback seats were bigger and did not "contain" me well, if that makes sense.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I went from a 2019 Crosstrek to a 21 Onyx XT. I miss the size of the Crosstrek, but needed more power for hauling heavy IT equipment for work.

If they made a turbo Crosstrek, I'll gladly buy another Trek!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks for the write up! Not sure if you saw the recent SavageGeese video on YouTube about the Forester but they had a few things to say about the engine stop function. Definitely needs getting used to.

BTW, I'm surprised that you mention the seats are uncomfortable. Can you elaborate? My assumption is that the bigger car would be more comfortable. Thanks in advance.
I quite agree with you

1 - 6 of 6 Posts