Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all - I have a 2013 Crosstrek with 75k miles currently. Will probably be getting close to 100k in the new year. My extended warranty will end at 100k miles, so I just wanted to get some input about things to check on or make sure to look at before the warranty expires.

I have had regular oil changes and major services. I got new tires around 60k and have not changed the brake pads yet. They are getting close (30% remaining), but have not started making any noise or anything yet.

The good news is I have not had any major issues with the car thus far and am still very happy with it!

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Krista

·
Super Moderator
2,941 Posts
Has the fuel filter been changed yet? It should be replaced every 75,000 miles or so.

Brake pads at 30% lining material remaining means you need to replace the brake pads very soon. Low friction material increases the chance of glazing and overheating. IMO, if you're not a spirited driver, I recommend Akebono brake pads.

If you are a spirited driver, you may want to consider looking at my past brake pad experiences in my journal thread.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, i believe the fuel filter was changed at the 60k inspection, that is what is on my maintenance schedule.

I commute 100 mi/day so i was getting a little twitchy about the brakes, but i was reassured by several people that I don't need to do anything until I start hearing them. It is definitely on my radar, may budget for it next month then. Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts