Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I desperately needed some seat covers but did not want to spend the almost $600 on the Wet Okole covers! I wanted some camo covers and found these at auto zone for $79, for the complete set. I figure I can use these for about a year or two and get new ones after I wear them out. They have pockets on the seat backs and a hook. What do you guys think? I can go on 5 camping trips with the money i didnt spend on the expensive ones lol.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Saddleman Next, "Next Camo interior makeover kit" I didnt find it on their site either. I didnt find it anywhere but in the store. It has a zipper to open up the 60/40 seats.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
they fit well by pulling them tightly and i worked to pull the little bungie strings and hide them under the seats. i took out the rear lower seat and took off the rear seat protector.

·
Registered
800 Posts
coreybarnett said:
I desperately needed some seat covers but did not want to spend the almost $600 on the Wet Okole covers! I wanted some camo covers and found these at auto zone for $79, for the complete set. I figure I can use these for about a year or two and get new ones after I wear them out. They have pockets on the seat backs and a hook. What do you guys think? I can go on 5 camping trips with the money i didnt spend on the expensive ones lol.
I'm all for saving money, so great job!

·
Registered
89 Posts
It's not exactly my taste, but for the price, I might consider it if it means prolonging the upholstery and keeping it clean. Looks like it also fits well.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I've got the Khaki and found someone selling another set of pretty much unused black seat covers from their Crosstrek (front and back set)....picked them up for $99 including postage so now I've got a replacement set in the closet. I did this because I plan on keeping my XV for a good long time....although my '96 Outback seats still look great after all these years.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I added these guys on today. I would some day like to get a set of Wet Okole's but I just can't afford it right now. These are Braxton seat covers, basically walmart brand. 29 dollars for the front seats. They also have a 60/40 bench seat but they were out of stock when I went. Like I said, they are cheap but they will do the job for now. They took about 20 minutes to install. My only issue so far is that there is no pocket in the back of the seats.

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
they look pretty good to me. i really want the wet okole ones, they even have the wetland's camo i want so bad. we kayak in wetlands all the time so it would be perfect, but i swear i just cant spend 600 dollars on seat covers. i could replace all the speakers and add the subwoofer for that almost. ima keep watching ebay, never know what u might see.

·
Registered
148 Posts
coreybarnett said:

These look pretty good for $79. What did you do for the seat back protector clips? I can't tell from the pic. Did you poke holes for them? Or are you only using the bungies that wrap around the head rest mounting holes? Any flopping around or are the seat back protectors still pretty snug?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I took the seat back protectors off and used the bungie cords on the seat cover to attatch it where ever i could, then put the protectors back on top of them. I got everything as tight as i could, then just poked some holes in the rear covers for the headrests.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ahhh, gotcha. on the passenger side, somehow it magically went around that area. on the driver side it did not, but it had enough play to just shut like it normally does. i pushed the clips back into the seat, probably made a hole in the seat cover when i did it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts