Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after 5000 miles I've named my 2013 Desert Khaki Premium CVT w/Moonroof "Buttercup". There's a story here, so please bear with me! I've always wanted a pug but our lifestyle precludes this from happening for quite some time. But in my dreams of having a pug I decided to name it Buttercup after the Three Musketeer's D'Artagnan's horse also named Buttercup...a sturdy but not strikingly beautiful pet. After plasti-dipping the front stock grill chrome areas on my Crosstrek I got the idea that it should be named Buttercup since it now resembles my idea of what my pug would look like, tannish coloring with a black nose! The only other mods I've done is to blacken out the dealer's name on the license plate holders and to remove the dealer sticker on the back end. I also want to plasti-dip all of the rear badges when the weather gets warmer here on Boston's North Shore. I'll post more photos too when the Buttercup decal I bought on eBay shows up!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
820 Posts
That's a lovely story and a appropriate name. The people of Boston and surrounding communities have been in my thoughts and prayers all week..... :)

·
Registered
603 Posts
What a great story.. and a perfect way to name your car!

Will look forward to seeing the badges plastidipped on the Khaki.. the two colors always look awesome together!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I removed the grill and taped off the grilling areas...appreciate all of instructions on how to remove the grill and applying plasti-dip here on the forum!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To remove the dealer sticker I just pulled it off on a hot day (70's) and removed the residue using creamy peanut butter like someone suggested in another forum topic!!!

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
I don't know how your weather is there right now, Hector, but when I removed my dealership sticker it was really cold outside. This makes it almost impossible just to peel off. However, you can use a blow dryer directly on the sticker to heat the adhesive up and it peels off with ease. Then you can use Goo-Gone or the likes to get it off. I have also used mayonaise before and, apparently, creamy peanut butter works.

Just noticed before I posted this, though, that you are in Florida so I doubt you will have an issue with the cold.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thanks for all the tips. Yes, cold temperatures shouldn't be a problem. The weather down here has been getting up to the mid and upper 80's. I will try to remove it plain first and if it gives me any problems then I will try the blow dryer/mayonnaise/peanut butter.

Now I need to find out how to make time move faster so I can get delivery of my car.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Hector4Christ said:
Thanks for all the tips. Yes, cold temperatures shouldn't be a problem. The weather down here has been getting up to the mid and upper 80's. I will try to remove it plain first and if it gives me any problems then I will try the blow dryer/mayonnaise/peanut butter.

Now I need to find out how to make time move faster so I can get delivery of my car.
I bought a bottle of Goo Gone and it works very quickly and in any temperature. Plus you can use it on just about any surface.

·
Registered
800 Posts
RubySu said:
I bought a bottle of Goo Gone and it works very quickly and in any temperature. Plus you can use it on just about any surface.
I recommend goo gone. As RubySu said, it works on pretty much anything, so its not like you are buying a bottle just to remove your dealer label and thats it. I've had great success using it to remove labels from kitchen utensils before I use them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts