Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

i don't know the owner (or if they're a member here), but this happened about an hour north of me. only minor injuries to the people involved, can't say the same for the cars.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
everyone is ok. only minor injuries. the crosstrek and truck are the only cars that went into the water.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Just saw a photo of the xv guy sitting on the top of his xtrek.
Would be interesting to see how the car did structurally ...better than the bridge it seems

·
Registered
89 Posts
Glad everybody's ok. Sorry about the car, it must have been a terrifying experience.

I saw a recent slide from Huffington Post about car safety ratings. Only the Forester and the Mitsubishi Outlander (who knew) got good ratings. Most of the competition got a poor rating, including the popular Ford Escape. CRV and CX-5 got marginal ratings. RAV-4 opted out of the testing.

·
Registered
603 Posts
omg!! That poor boy!!! I cannot *even* imagine what it must be like watching yourself take a vehicular dive in to the water... let alone in new car. Thank goodness he is ok.. whoever he is!!

·
Registered
714 Posts
XVEwing said:
Glad everybody's ok. Sorry about the car, it must have been a terrifying experience.

I saw a recent slide from Huffington Post about car safety ratings. Only the Forester and the Mitsubishi Outlander (who knew) got good ratings. Most of the competition got a poor rating, including the popular Ford Escape. CRV and CX-5 got marginal ratings. RAV-4 opted out of the testing.
Remember though that those rating were for one test only (small overlap) not for the cars overall. Still cool that The forester took the only Good rating, the Outlander was the next best rating but not good!

Looks like the XV held up great, air bags deployed and did their jobs.

·
Registered
304 Posts
ClubCrosstrek said:
On a more serious note, that really sucks for everyone involved, but glad all are okay and my guess is they will have a very quiet settlement with the city.

That's a State highway, he'll have a better settlement than that. But the truth is that an oversized truck clipped a support beam and caused the collapse. Not sure where the blame lies.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Crunchtrek said:
ClubCrosstrek said:
On a more serious note, that really sucks for everyone involved, but glad all are okay and my guess is they will have a very quiet settlement with the city.

That's a State highway, he'll have a better settlement than that. But the truth is that an oversized truck clipped a support beam and caused the collapse. Not sure where the blame lies.
It'll be the trucking company, the driver, and the state more than likely.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My husband just told me that he saw the Crosstrek on TV. I figured I could find the pictures in here. :(

So sad, so very, very sad!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
the front page of the seattle times this morning had a giant picture of them pulling the crosstrek out. looks like it held up well considering it fell off a bridge.

·
Registered
603 Posts
ug. This photo makes a person ill. I am sooo glad the boy driving it was ok! Once his life is back together, he definitely needs to snag all these photos and post them on the Subaru's official "Subie Saved My Life" page!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts