Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I headed out for a little excursion, as the kid was staying at a friends house and I could stay out late.

I packed the XV up, and headed up to Paradise Corner, around through Anza and Aguanga and cut over to Warner Springs. We stopped for some photos in the Cleveland National Forest and then headed the back way into Anza Borrego.
_0_P1190939_40_41_tm.jpg

I always love checking out Anza Borrego. We found some trails coming down that were really soft, so it was nice to get on some firmer sand.
_0_MG_7263_4_5_tm.jpg

The car continues to handle anything I have thrown at it. The only time I got into sand that was a patch of deep soft sand that I did not have enough speed for, I collected some rocks and put them in front of one front and one rear tire that were buried the deepest she was able to get moving enough to work her way into better sand.

_0_P1200107_8_9_tm_c.jpg

When the sun finally started setting, we stopped at Christmas park roundabout in Borrego Springs for a simple picnic.

The next day moved us back up to the fire line on the back road from Pioneertown, a trip to the Joshua Tree Inn for a visit with a ghost, and a sunset of epic proportions due to the fires burning near BigBear.

We started by picking up the kid and heading to pioneer town via some great geo cache sites in Yucca Valley and Morongo.
_0_P1200254_c.jpg

From Pioneertown we headed East to Joshua Tree. After a long day of exploring we decided to stop at Crossroads Cafe for some killer soup and burgers. _0_P1200269_.jpg

We then headed into Joshua Tree National Park for an evening enjoying the beauty created by all the smoke. _0_MG_7321_2_3_f.jpg

We hiked around Cap Rock and kicked back and relaxed for a bit.
_0_MG_7387_8_9_tm2.jpg

Such an amazing place to reflect on life.
_0_MG_7414_5_6_tm_c_c.jpg

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts