Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have issue with tire wear on their crosstrek?

Mine has 58,000 miles, and in the last 6000 it completely ate the tread off the rear tires (rear passenger side worse) tires were freshly rotated. We were in a road trip. They were properly inflated. I had to replace my tires to get home they were so bad. I got less than 25,000 miles out of my 65'000 mile tires!

I've read a few people having some trouble with this but never any fix.

I have an appt in Thursday at the dealer to hopefully fix this. But is anyone else experiencing this kind of wear?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'd be having my alignment checked. I have around 35,000 highway miles on mine with barely any sign of wear.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah that's on the list (I'd hope)

I'm not too sure as service pretty much blew me off as having an issue with it, because the tires weren't brand new (like he thought)

My crosstrek is a 13.

·
Super Moderator
2,941 Posts
Sounds like a serious suspension alignment problem.

My tires don't last, but that's because I beat on my tires pretty hard.

·
Super Moderator
2,941 Posts
What I recall from my knowledge is that if accelerated tire wear continues despite corrected alignment, two possible causes would be faulty tires and/or serious unibody damage (assuming if subframe and suspension components are within tolerances).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Problem: Subaru reviewed the tire wear and the noise and it was the rear bearings wearing out. I have 53K on my 2013 and live in with salted roads roads in the winter and the bearings wearing out is a common problem.

solution: replace both the bearing assemblies. Subaru can do the test for $60 (near me) and determine if it is the problem. Bearings ran about $250 each (best to do both at the same time), and $500 for the labor. Ended up taking it to a local mechanic and saved $150 in labor.

Problem is fixed and tires are not wearing down like before.

·
Registered
119 Posts
For what it's worth, I just had my 66,000 mile service last month. The dealer's complimentary Inspection Check List indicates my original tires are still in their "green" zone, indicating 7/32"or greater tread depth left so they seem to be holding up much better than I had expected. Gotta like that!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts