Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel like someone else has already made note of this, but with the CVT it definitely seems like acceleration/torque is better if you ease into the gas rather than flooring it. Does everyone else feel this way or is it just that my butt-dyno is off?

I plan on getting one of those car diagnostic apps for my phone/tablet that supposedly will let me read my 0-60 and other data, but I am not sure how accurate that is. Is there a better way to do tests to get data? If so, I am willing to try it.

What are everyone else's thoughts? How does acceleration with the manual transmission feel?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I agree with you. It seems a good steady downforce (as opposed to stomping to the floor) yields the best results, but butt dynos aren't really scientific. ;D

I have certainly had no trouble passing folks in regular traffic, even on inclines, but some of the short highway on-ramps near me have taxed the engine pretty good. I'm still in my break-in period and try not to push past 4K RPMs, but sometimes traffic calls for it. She responds, but you can tell the Pumpkin is laboring. That's only about 1% of my driving, though, so I'm not complaining.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I find that, unless you drive a massively powerful car, going gradual always gives better performance.
My current car, the Mitshubishi Colt Ralliart, has 150 hp for 1000 kgs so it accelerates pretty fast. But when I'm driving and I need to speed up, it goes a lot better if I ease the throttle in rather than slam it.

·
Registered
168 Posts
ClubCrosstrek said:
I feel like someone else has already made note of this, but with the CVT it definitely seems like acceleration/torque is better if you ease into the gas rather than flooring it. Does everyone else feel this way or is it just that my butt-dyno is off?

I plan on getting one of those car diagnostic apps for my phone/tablet that supposedly will let me read my 0-60 and other data, but I am not sure how accurate that is. Is there a better way to do tests to get data? If so, I am willing to try it.

What are everyone else's thoughts? How does acceleration with the manual transmission feel?
Once the tranny has engaged you can stand on it but you should "ease into it" for a second to get the best out of it.

Try this - many more options and should be more accurate. The only thing it doesn't do is tranny temperature - http://www.ultra-gauge.com/ultragauge/index.htm

1 - 4 of 4 Posts