Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lots of hosing coming up. You don't even want to see under the hood...

After all is said and done, I love touring the bush - but I've always really detested mud. Yes, I drive over lots of it, but only if I really have to. Washing is a chore. LOL

Now to find me a nice clean fresh water stream to cross....

Attachments

·
Registered
603 Posts
Holy moly! I go bonkers when I find a piece of fuzz in car.

While the mudding you do looks fantastic, the after affects would cause me hospitalization from fainting. Hahaha!

Hope to see more of your off road excursions!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL :) Yep, a bit of use is good - it's the reason I bought an XV and not a Jag.

All bettererer now, clean as a whistle over and under, and with bonus mudflaps fitted. With the Forester rims, AT tyres and these it looks like a right proper rally car on the road.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Is the offset in the wheels different to the oem ones they look further out to the edge of flares or is it just the all terrains doing that

·
Registered
927 Posts
My wife would KILL me.... I will live vicariously through your trip reports..... 8)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ick72 said:
Is the offset in the wheels different to the oem ones they look further out to the edge of flares or is it just the all terrains doing that
I think that the offset is probably a little different, because the tyres themselves are nearly an inch narrower than the OEMs.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Xtrekr said:
My wife would KILL me.... I will live vicariously through your trip reports..... 8)
Thanks Todd. I had my problem fix it self via a divorce. I'd probably still take the wife over the car though... :(

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
Based off of those pictures, I would imagine skid plates are in your future. They'll keep the engine bay clean, and the rear diff will be less vulerable.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, a Subaxtreme front skid plate for the sump is on my immediate plan - along with their bull bar, but I'm almost good with the rear diff as is. It's well up there in the chassis, and so is pretty much out of real danger compared to many 4WDs. I keep a mental picture in my head as to what I'm driving over, and I'll probably draw the line at rocks that could get near the diff in the first place. There is always the danger of side slippage on to a protruding rock, so maybe it's still a valid accessory. I've not found (yet) a company who makes them out here in Oz, so if anyone can correct me here I'd be grateful. :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Is there a reason why you went with the forester wheels? Would those tires not fit the standard XV wheels?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ClubCrosstrek said:
H15A said:
Is there a reason why you went with the forester wheels? Would those tires not fit the standard XV wheels?
The Forester wheels are smaller in diameter and thus can fit a bigger tire with more sidewall without rubbing inside the wheel well.
Thank you, absolutely correct, and my main reason :) Also, steel wheels are able to be, depending on severity and how remote you are, belted back into some sort of drivable shape if damaged off road, whilst alloys tend to just break.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Pictures almost painful to look at !! But as the saying goes..."you sure clean up nice" I'm thinking you found the same cow pasture I did a while back...not much to hold up a car in the cow "pasture". Was like a babies "nooks and crannies" after a BM ! Ha !

1 - 17 of 17 Posts