Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Just did the installation of window air deflectors on my 2023 Limited. There are good instructions here and on YouTube, but there were a few details I couldn’t pick up from them. I hope this helps someone else be more comfortable in the easy DIY install.

First, where do those little clips go on the deflectors? Once you see, it’s obvious, but I couldn’t tell if people were sliding them under the tape (nope), etc. They pop onto the two plastic bosses that stick out of the back side of each visor.

Rectangle Wood Automotive tire Grey Shade

I was a bit worried about pulling the weatherstrips from the tops of my windows. Not an issue at all. As easy as it looks. Don’t pull out any more than you need to get the clips in. On the front windows, I had to sit inside the car and make sure that it really went back in just right. The first time was a little off, but no problem to adjust and get it right. Rolling up your windows will tell you if you’ve got it or not.

Next, you can and I highly recommend stripping back the ends of the adhesive tape as others have shown, and dry-fit to your window using the clips. I dry-fit deflectors on both windows on each side before removing the adhesive tape covers. This allowed me to adjust the front and rear edges just where I wanted them, and check the gap between front and rear window deflectors.

Automotive carrying rack Hood Vehicle Grille Automotive tire

Here are my final middle (between deflector), rear, and front alignments to the windows:

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive tire

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Automotive side-view mirror Grille

Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting

And here’s the final look (crossbars installed today, as well!):

Car Wheel Vehicle Tire Hood

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Plant

So, fear not this simple installation. I’m glad I did it for myself and am very pleased with the result.

· Registered
2021 Xtrek Sport
17 Posts
These are a great addition!
Put them on our '18 and again on the '21.
Was actually not difficult. Just don't hurry.
Of the last 5 or 6 cars I've had there was only one that did not get them was our '98 Forrester.. Because it had frameless windows.
Get these. You'll be glad you did.

· Registered
2 Posts
Hi All,

Just did the installation of window air deflectors on my 2023 Limited. There are good instructions here and on YouTube, but there were a few details I couldn’t pick up from them. I hope this helps someone else be more comfortable in the easy DIY install.

First, where do those little clips go on the deflectors? Once you see, it’s obvious, but I couldn’t tell if people were sliding them under the tape (nope), etc. They pop onto the two plastic bosses that stick out of the back side of each visor.

View attachment 11510

I was a bit worried about pulling the weatherstrips from the tops of my windows. Not an issue at all. As easy as it looks. Don’t pull out any more than you need to get the clips in. On the front windows, I had to sit inside the car and make sure that it really went back in just right. The first time was a little off, but no problem to adjust and get it right. Rolling up your windows will tell you if you’ve got it or not.

Next, you can and I highly recommend stripping back the ends of the adhesive tape as others have shown, and dry-fit to your window using the clips. I dry-fit deflectors on both windows on each side before removing the adhesive tape covers. This allowed me to adjust the front and rear edges just where I wanted them, and check the gap between front and rear window deflectors.

View attachment 11511

Here are my final middle (between deflector), rear, and front alignments to the windows:

View attachment 11513
View attachment 11514
View attachment 11512

And here’s the final look (crossbars installed today, as well!):

View attachment 11516
View attachment 11515

So, fear not this simple installation. I’m glad I did it for myself and am very pleased with the result.
Great install tips with pics. I put these on my 2019. Was a pretty easy install as you said.
Thanks! This is my next improvement, after changing out the horn. What deflectors did you get?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts