Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrec Premium
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see articles that these are supposed to be much better than the white lights in poor weather. It has been frustrating finding much outside a sales pitch for them, so,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
What is your opinion? Worth changing or just let it ride in factory mode?

·
Super Moderator
884 Posts
Ive always put Lamin-X film covers on my fog lights.
Traditionally I always used yellow, and started with yellow on the trek.

Since I got some Rigid ditch lights that have an amber back light, I switched out the Lamin-x film for amber as well.
There might be a sliiiiight difference in better performance between yellow/amber - but certainly over white light.

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrec Premium
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive always put Lamin-X film covers on my fog lights.
Traditionally I always used yellow, and started with yellow on the trek.

Since I got some Rigid ditch lights that have an amber back light, I switched out the Lamin-x film for amber as well.
There might be a sliiiiight difference in better performance between yellow/amber - but certainly over white light.
Thanks Chicken. I ordered a set in yellow, since that is what they recommended, and you might have? I should have been more clear, and yes yellow isn't amber, even though they sometimes interchange.
We'll see how it goes, and I'm pretty good at applying decals, so hopefully I can get down in the floor and get these on to my satisfaction.
For the price and the easily return to factory, why not?
Cheers

·
Registered
54 Posts
I see articles that these are supposed to be much better than the white lights in poor weather. It has been frustrating finding much outside a sales pitch for them, so,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
What is your opinion? Worth changing or just let it ride in factory mode?
I change out my dull H16 foglights to 5200k amber / yellow bulbs. They do cut through bad weather better because they reflect less light then white bulbs. I only use them at night when it's raining, snowing, or foggy out. I believe if you have them on all the time, you get used to the light output, and when the weather gets bad you can't turn anything else on to help you see.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts