Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But he's in Canada..

Hi all,

In the past, I've joined other auto forums but stayed a lurker from day 1.

This time around, just thought I'd at least say hi to everyone :D

I purchased my 2016 Crosstrek Touring a couple weeks ago. First time buying a new car from the dealership so it was quite the experience. This one is a keeper!

I hope to read and learn from all the veterans on here and possibly contribute someday too :rolleyes:

Cheers,

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Welcome to the club!

What brought you over to a Subie?
Good question -

I used to drive a prius...............................
That should be enough of a reason to want to switch cars lol.

But in all seriousness, I've been a Subaru enthusiast at heart since the original 2.5 RS days in 2000. Got into a 92x a couple years ago, and with my family expanding to 2 kids, just need something that's more practical yet capable. And something that isn't a prius.

Though I really miss the fuel economy of that car. Trade-off is that it was a prius :(

Thank you guys for the warm welcome.

Here's a pic of her! (Ironically, the gal who bought my prius came by for a visit when that pic was taken just a few days ago . that's why it's behind the Subie :D)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,941 Posts
Since the 2.5RS days... that's when I began to discover the Subaru brand, though I was primarily concerned with the WRX and WRX STI models as the AWD combined in a sporty package (let alone a regular passenger car) was such an alien concept to me when I was still obsessed with 4WD off-road trucks.

Any plans for off-road adventures?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Since the 2.5RS days... that's when I began to discover the Subaru brand, though I was primarily concerned with the WRX and WRX STI models as the AWD combined in a sporty package (let alone a regular passenger car) was such an alien concept to me when I was still obsessed with 4WD off-road trucks.

Any plans for off-road adventures?
Yeah I hear ya. Back when the first WRX (bug and blob eye) was released in NA, it was a huge hype.

Maybe not quite the full-on off-road scene, maybe a bit of gravel back-roading :rolleyes:
But not anytime soon, that's for sure. the car is just about to hit 1k clicks. Gonna give her more time to break-in before any fun starts.

By the way, would you or anyone happen to know how long the break-in period is for new cars these days? I guess Subies in General?:confused:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm a noobie here myself, but regardless, welcome to the site! I've had a 2014 XV and now I'm waiting for the delivery of a 2016 Crosstrek. I plan to take it north of the border. Perhaps our paths will cross some day. Wave hello to the dude in the Quartz Blue Pearl Subie.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm a noobie here myself, but regardless, welcome to the site! I've had a 2014 XV and now I'm waiting for the delivery of a 2016 Crosstrek. I plan to take it north of the border. Perhaps our paths will cross some day. Wave hello to the dude in the Quartz Blue Pearl Subie.
Thanks for the welcome!
I will be on the lookout for your Quartz Blue. What state license plate would it be?
I expect you to do the same if you see a '16 Crystal Black Silica Touring with crossbars + BC plates on either side of the border :cool:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I live in Seattle, so it will be a Washington state license plate. ;)

I will probably have vanity plates that say "RUCKUS" so I should be easy to spot! Love to visit Canada. Great place and amazingly friendly people.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts