Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from having my front windows tinted and added a sun strip. We tried 3-4 different tints and made a decision on this:

Global Premium Charcoal 20%

Here is an indoor shot after tinted with front and rear windows up

Outdoors-windows up

Here is the sun strip

And a few exterior shots

Side shot

Can't really see the sun strip with the glare... But....

I couldn't be happier for $75 and it lifetime tint! Also has metallic properties to repel the heat and you really can feel the difference!!

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

·
Registered
354 Posts
Looks great 8) We are getting ours retinted tomorrow guy came by today but didn't have time to do tint but showed us the tint plus he tinted our truck windows 8 years ago & they look awesome :)

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good luck!! I hope it goes well for you.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Xtrekr said:
Good luck!! I hope it goes well for you.

thanks! I think it will go better we shoulda went through him to start with but we went with A1 tint cuz the dealer could get us a discount but now instead it cost us more in the long run...next new vehicle we will just go straight to this guy!lol

·
Registered
243 Posts
Looks great!

·
Registered
603 Posts
Beautiful! Thanks for sharing!! Now, i know just how this will look on my white one too! ;-)

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all!!! I just wanted to share the info of the tint I used to give more of a variety of brands and shades to use...

So far....

Madico Charcoal 35
Global Premium charcoal 20

Both of these brands and shades have been given the thumbs up by 2 XV owners ( the guinea pigs )... me being one of them...

ClubCrosstrek said:
Looks awesome! I think I might have to risk the LAPD ticketing me and go ahead and get front tint (even 35% or so) and a sun strip.

GO FOR IT!!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Xtrekr said:
Thanks all!!! I just wanted to share the info of the tint I used to give more of a variety of brands and shades to use...

So far....

Madico Charcoal 35
Global Premium charcoal 20

Both of these brands and shades have been given the thumbs up by 2 XV owners ( the guinea pigs )... me being one of them...

GO FOR IT!!!
Took mine in and forgot to check these forums for the "approved" tints. Also, I got lazy and just went to the closest shop (they have good reviews on Yelp). Just so happens, though, that the shop uses Global and the tech decided Global Charcoal 20 would be the best match (specifically, the NR Charcoal Quick Dry Plus 20, which is non-metallicized). There is no "Global Premium Charcoal 20." The OP probably got "HP Charcoal 20" (a metallicized film). Any way, here are pics. The guy was frank up front that matching the factory tint looking inside out wasn't going to be perfect. It's close enough to my satisfaction, and from the outside looking in looks great. So, count up another satisfied customer for Global Charcoal 20. Pics attached so you can judge. . .

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
So jealous of you guys who can tint your front windows!! Stupid NY and it's laws..We can only have 10% dark on the fronts...and you WILL get pulled over for more....I've been there...

Looks awesome though to everyone who posted pictures!!

·
Registered
820 Posts
Both look very nice. I've got tint also and, like you Todd, I can feel the difference! 8)

Wow Phoenix, that's a shame. In SC you get a ticket if you DON'T have tint! Lol!

·
Registered
714 Posts
Technically front window tint is limited around here but it's not something they enforce regularly. Plus it's a second offense so they have to pull you over for something else first then bust you for the tint.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Its getting hot here, and will be hotter soon..I went to my local tint world and got the Ultimate Carbon 35% in the front windows done...if not dead on match to the factory, it's pretty darn close. If anyone has a tint world near them then I would recommend that film...around $90...

RR

·
Registered
603 Posts
Funny how we're all rushing to get tint now that it's finally getting hot! We're up over 110 here now and I'm thrilled to say I finally got my Nano Tint done. I can totally tell the difference in actual heat deference compared to the tint I had on my previous vehicle! That stuff is amazing.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
lol... yeah... 101 yesterday and 104 is called for today..... Luckily we have ZERO humidity and the heat is not that bad here due to the lack of humidity.

·
Registered
69 Posts
So you only tinted the front windows? I have a tint appointment on Tuesday. I want 20% all around, but since I heard that the privacy glass does not have UV protection qualities, I was gonna get the rear & back tinted too. Plus a 5% front strip. Would it be a waste to get the rear windows and back windshield tinted as well? Anyone know what % the factory privacy glass is? I'm sure the tint shop will meter it. I heard it's 20% but looks lighter to me. Or an illusion created by my light ivory interior. Either way, the privacy glass is not dark enough for me. Btw, I'm not concerned with abiding by state tint laws.

·
Registered
60 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
I believe the myth, variouspositions. Regardless, I did 18% all around last week (I like it dark). Will post pics after my next car wash & after I get my "real" permanent Maryland tags on the XV (including the front license plate bracket + bumpshox). :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

·
Registered
137 Posts
We used to sell and install window tint where I worked for many years. When I was in sales the best brand of window tint was "LLumar". It's a premium
tint but it holds up very well. One of my favorite sales pitches was : LLumar window tint film is tinting the windows in Graceland, it's on the windows of the Vatican, the Pentagon's windows are tinted with it. I went on listing other famous places that used their tint film. I think their auto tint film was top notch. It didn't fade like the cheaper stuff. That was a few years ago, but I'd guess their tint is still good.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts