Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So.. Just wondering if any of you Trekkers have experienced the following side affect of owning a Crosstrek.... It's just the strangest thing:

Yesterday had an event to go to for work. Pulled up, handed the Valet my keys to safely park my baby away somewhere for the day. I watched as the Valet drive away and found I was overcome by immediate feelings of worry, distress and feeling quite territorial. "How dare that boy plop into the seat like that! Who does he think he is stepping so hard on the gas! And he damn sure better not scuff my door rail!!" I thought to myself.

At days end, I watched the Valet deliver my baby to me as I waited at the front door. My old military / mom instincts kicked in when it arrived, as I slowwwly walked around her to give her a good visual inspection for any "issues". I was certain to find something when there in the door sill, was a black mark! "Ah ha! I knew it!" Like the mother determined to smooth out her child's cowlick, I spit on my finger and rubbed the scuff away, then gave a sigh of relief and went on my way. Made it home and tucked my baby away safely in her garage bed for the night.

Baby Trek and I had to attend the event again today....
I self-parked down the road, in the shade, across two spaces to ensure plenty of no-door-ding space... And walked to the event.

So that's my first experience of this odd territorial feeling I got when I saw someone else in my baby. :)

Anyone else had this feeling???

·
Registered
800 Posts
prompterbob said:
What exactly is a VALET key and does it come with the car? Is it expensive to duplicate?
Mine came with it. Its a small extra key to your car that doesn't have the fob buttons for locking, trunk, panic, etc. Basically a simple extra key you can give to a valet without having to hand yours over.

My purchase came with 2x key fobs and 1x valet.

·
Registered
243 Posts
AlexAlejan said:
prompterbob said:
What exactly is a VALET key and does it come with the car? Is it expensive to duplicate?
Mine came with it. Its a small extra key to your car that doesn't have the fob buttons for locking, trunk, panic, etc. Basically a simple extra key you can give to a valet without having to hand yours over.

My purchase came with 2x key fobs and 1x valet.
I believe it also limits the speed so the valet can't go Ferris Bueller on your Crosstrek

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Talk to your dealer about the valet key.

I am still interested in hearing about any one else experiencing the "Crosstrek effect" as was in the topic of original post. :)

·
Registered
800 Posts
avimia said:
Talk to your dealer about the valet key.

I am still interested in hearing about any one else experiencing the "Crosstrek effect" as was in the topic of original post. :)
Well I have been desperately waiting to see another crosstrek on the road so that I can wave!

...and of course record it here on the forum under "sightings"!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I haven't felt that way at all in my Crosstrek. While I love the look and feel of the car, I just treat it like a car. In fact, it's kind of a relief. I came from a 2010 Corvette Grant Sport and that was awful. I had to keep it extraordinarily clean, park it as far away from everyone else as possible, fret over every little rattle and squeak. The Pumpkin is just a car, not a status symbol, and I'm much happier now than I was with the Vette.

By the way, parking across two parking spaces is an excellent way to get your car keyed, even if you're miles away from anyone else. People really, really don't seem to like that.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Parking across two spaces and getting keyed?? really? wow! Where you at in which that happens? thats really a shame! well.. glad it isn't a concern where I was at since few park that far out anyway. Was happy as could be when I got in it to go home today. :)

·
Registered
500 Posts
prompterbob said:
Are duplicate valet keys expensive? Easy to get?
It's my understanding they're about as expensive as the standard fob keys. Obviously should be a little less since they don't have the fob... but it's the electronics inside that make it expensive. But one really should have come with your vehicle - talk to the dealership if you haven't.

And yeah - I've seen cars that have been keyed or otherwise damaged from taking up two spaces. Most people don't feel like the double-parker's car means as much as the DP does, and taking up two spots comes off as arrogant and inconsiderate of others. I'd be wary of doing that in the future.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hmm...only experience I had so far was when my dad borrowed my Crosstrek to go to Staples. He was just about to leave when I screamed "Wait I'm coming with you!!!" lol. I just wanted to make sure that he won't go "test driving" it since he likes my Crosstrek haha!

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm sure it is. but. The Crosstrek is not my first car.. but it certainly is the one that has had this affect to the greatest extent. It's been a long time since I enjoyed driving again. :)

·
Registered
354 Posts
avimia said:
I'm sure it is. but. The Crosstrek is not my first car.. but it certainly is the one that has had this affect to the greatest extent. It's been a long time since I enjoyed driving again. :)
I agree with you this isn't my 1st new car either but something about I just LOVE! And to think when hubby 1st brought it to my attention online I didn't like it! Now I think I Love it more than he does!lol but it's still primarily his since he has further to drive to work than I do.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.