Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had HD radio in my last car and I am used to it and the much better audio quality I get from local radio stations. Now that I did the kicker upgrades I really want HD to supplement my bluetooth and USB from my iPhone because I still want to listen to radio also. However it does not look like there is a good option. I could go aftermarket Head Unit but that will break my bluetooth mic in the car for phone calls and it actually does a great job. I would hate to deal with a 3rd party bluetooth clip on mic with radio again.

I know the limited model radio has HD, is there an option to buy that radio from Subaru and can it be installed in the premium? Any other options? I know some stations have HD streams of there stuff online but I don't want to be using my data connection too much and it's much more convenient just tuning to a station quickly as opposed to doing it through a phone.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'll be selling mine at the end of the week. Doing a swap today or tomorrow with the Kenwood I had in my vehicle I traded on the XV. I've had the car since Monday so the stock HU will be less than a week old when it comes out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I ended up getting a quicker reply from the other crosstrek forum from someone a few weeks ago that was swapping theirs. I am happy with the HD unit

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'd like to do the HD swap in my Premium as well. If I managed to get a stock HD head unit, could I then add the backup camera as well?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts