Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd throw this out there. I know, two topics in an hour in the same subforum, but hey... I'm bored, and curious. Dangerous combination.

Anyways, I was wondering if we had anyone here from around North Carolina?

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
I am actually from (born and raised in) NC, Wilmington to be exact. However, I moved to Orlando when I was 19 for school, then immediately out to Los Angeles where I have been since 2008.

That said, I have been back in Wilmington since March working on a movie that I am wrapping up this week, then heading back to L.A the first week in January after spending the holidays with family.

And don't ever sweat posting too much because I don't think there is such a thing, especially when we're a small, growing community!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I live in Sanford, FL. Actually, the wife wants to take our 4 year old to see snow, but I don't feel like driving to Virgina or any other state where it's snowing.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
In that case, let me be the first to welcome you to Fayettenam. It's been ages since I've been down that far, but it's a neat area.

·
Registered
820 Posts
SC mainly but L O V E me some Smokey Mountains. Building a cabin just west of Bryson off route 28 south. That there is some beautiful country! Hope to call it home, at least part of the year. Oh, and good 'shine.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Here's the kicker...The log cabin getaway is the reason I bought the Crosstrek! I was in a Wrangler going back/forth getting abysmal mileage from Charleston to Bryson (14mpg HWY). I wanted better mpgs but I also had to have something to get up the mountain once I arrived. The "road" to my land is/was graveled and steep. Add in a little snow or mud...I m not getting there! The first time I drove there I was nervous I wouldn't make it up but my little goat of a XV climbed so well, man! I was pumped! The developer had gone bankrupt and there is only one home anywhere near where I am so it s like my own little rally cross whenever I go up or down that mountain! Dang, I wish I was there now! I recently had lot cleared and driveway cut in but they haven't put in the gravel yet. Two weeks ago I was there and my drive is kind of steep and it had rained quite a bit so it was muddy. I was afraid to go down the drive to get to the land but wanted to camp so I took the chance. As you can guess, it was easy going down but once I was, I realized it was pretty soupy. I set up my campsite since cabin will not be completed until Sept. or so. I got to looking around, and with forecast for more rain, I thought it better to get "RubySu" up that drive before she sunk! I m telling you, the mud was flying but I knew pretty much from the start of the ascent that I was going to make it and I was smiling and laughing out loud having cheated that awful"I'm stuck" feeling as I got to solid ground. I know I m going to have a great relationship with that mountain and this Crosstrek- in fact, it's already begun. Sorry for the length of this post but it s more of a testimony to the Crosstrek than anything else! Now, you go on and get yourself started on that mountain home!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I live in Wilson, NC. Good midway point between Raleigh and Greenville.

My grandparents have their 'retirement present' to themselves up in the mountains. A few miles east of Boone on top of a mountain. I definitely want to get my Crosstrek up there and do some real exploring. They've only had it going on two years so I haven't been up there much. Like RubySu, I too converted from a Wrangler, so I feel your mpg pain. I did go tubing down a river up there last summer. I'm going to try and save up some money for a kayak/the kayak carrier. I definitely want to try skiing/snowboarding out.

Does anyone know of any good places to take the XTrek offroading?

·
Registered
927 Posts
I was stationed in Havelock, NC ( MCAS Cherry Point).... man, if you sneeze driving down HWY 70 you will miss the town... lol!!!

I did enjoy the 4 year years I was there ( 93-97 ), lots of fishing and 4wheeling. Even hung out at Lil Dew's Mud Pit on the weekends with my 79 K5 Chevy Blazer. Ol farmland converted to a 1/8 mile mud pit... THAT was fun !!!

Good, country folk for sure...

·
Registered
46 Posts
I grew up in Roxboro, NC. Went to college at UNC Wilmington, lived in Carolina Beach for 3 years. Currently live north of Durham in Timberlake. Lived in NC all my life.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts