Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's weird to have a subie in soflo but we are moving up to NC next year and decided it was time to get in some subies. anyway, lots of imprezas and BrX out here but I have only seen 2 XV's one in black driven by a chick and an orange driven by and old guy. Lol. So just wanted to see if anyone is hiding out here and has some meet ups or subie activities.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm located in central Florida that old guy was probably me! Not sure where you're located? Their's several sites you might want to check. Your local dealership, Facebook, also coffee & cars are great sites to check. https://www.facebook.com/groups/NCFSOC/
Unless you were in Fort Lauderdale on Monday .... Might have been another one lmao!!!! Thanks for the tip about coffee and cars I'll check it out right now.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Saw this one today. But then it drove past me and it had courtesy vehicle stickers. :(. Is there anyone out there

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Saw 5 crosstreks this weekend! Are you guys not on the forum...

2 white
1 red
1 orange
1 metallic ice

Common!!!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
New subbie here. Literally last weekend!
I live in Miami Beach and have seen maybe 2-3 subbies down here. Very unusual but my hubs and I plan to move back to CO within the year so a subaru is the perfect fit!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
New subbie here. Literally last weekend!
I live in Miami Beach and have seen maybe 2-3 subbies down here. Very unusual but my hubs and I plan to move back to CO within the year so a subaru is the perfect fit!
Hey, welcome!

Yea subies were rare down here but now I'm seeing them more and more.

We too bought our subies because we are making the move to NC in March so we are ready!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am from West palm beach area, I just ordered a Subaru 2016 crosstrek limited hyberblue. It will take 10 weeks before it arrives. I heard about the Subaru Ambassador coupon. I am wondering if any Ambassador here can spare me a coupon? :D thx very much I am glad I am in this small crosstrek community in florida. Not many crosstrek drivers down here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Seriously considering XV, what do people like

Not an owner yet but seriously considering the Subaru Crosstrek (limited maybe). Only owned 2 cars in my 27 years of driving, an '86 Camry and '97 Corolla. Lived in SFL pretty much all my life. Still researching a bit but wondering what everyone likes about their Subarus (snow won't really count all things considered but rain performance info along with ride info and such would be great).

·
Super Moderator
2,941 Posts
I'm not from the South Florida area, but what I love about my Subaru XV Crosstrek are the following traits:

* one of the safest crossovers on the market, it passes the IIHS small overlap crash test https://youtu.be/ocQB1NuOREY
* one of the only AWD crossovers available with a manual transmission
* highest ground clearance crossover in its class
* competent, even (somewhat) sporty handling in twisty stuff (such as mountain passes)
* fuel efficient compared to vehicles with comparable ground clearance
* smaller than the Outback and a little smaller than the Forester for improved urban maneuverability

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks AWDfreak. While I don't really do true off roading, depending on where you go in FL there can be a lot of dirt roads and if there's a lot of rain there can be enough water under overpasses to float a typical car (had that happen to a friend's car when we were going to a beach near Tallahassee). As a result the crosstrek stood out (along with some of the points you mentioned). Do you find their quoted mpg is accurate (cvt engine)? Unfortunately I don't know how to drive a shift.

·
Super Moderator
2,941 Posts
I don't have Subaru's Lineartronic CVT, but I'm certain that with the right driving style, the EPA fuel economy numbers are very attainable assuming you have minimal cargo.

In fact, the manual transmission's MPG rating is lower than that of the CVT due to the Lineartronic CVT's high efficiency. The older CVT models (2013, 2014) have an older programming logic, while the newer ones have improved response under heavy throttle applications.

·
Registered
3 Posts
What about noise from the outside? My Corolla is pretty noisy (wind/road) but then again it's almost 19 years old. Lol. I've heard some people complain but don't know if they've come from a very quiet car previously. Also I'm no longer a speed demon (although I do still have a bit of a lead foot) so quick off the line isn't as important (plus I'm kind of used to it) but people have also mentioned not being able to pick up speed quickly enough to merge into highway traffic. My local dealership is going to let me take a car for a couple of days so I can truly test it out but just wondering what you think. I always like to hear from others.

·
Super Moderator
2,941 Posts
The Crosstrek isn't the quietest vehicle, but according to some reports, it fares better than most subcompact crossovers, which despite being a compact crossover, the Crosstrek is often compared to.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts