Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm told the OEM speakers in the Crosstrek are terrible and I'm wondering if anyone has replaced them, and if so what brand and cost?

·
Registered
33 Posts
You should really judge for yourself. Some people are overly-critical audiophiles that won't be satisfied with a $1000 system.

I picked up my Crosstrek on Saturday, and the dealer was still waiting for a bunch of my upgrades to come in. Two of the upgrades were the speakers and tweeters. So for the first half of the week I cruised around with the stock speakers, which were OK. They certainly didn't wow me, but they didn't sound miserable.

The dealer called yesterday and told me to come drop the car off for a few hours to get the rest of my goodies installed. The upgraded speakers and tweeters definitely make a difference. The low's still aren't as low if compared to a car with a dedicated sub, but I'm happy with the sound. Tweeters are very crisp.

To each, their own.

·
Registered
611 Posts
The manufacturer makes this stuff just to get by. Then really run the bill up with all the add on's $$$$. I took out my radio and installed a Rosen Navigation unit. Couldn't believe the deference in sound quality. So much better than stock, using the same OEM speakers.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
billybob said:
The manufacturer makes this stuff just to get by. Then really run the bill up with all the add on's $$$$. I took out my radio and installed a Rosen Navigation unit. Couldn't believe the deference in sound quality. So much better than stock, using the same OEM speakers.
Interesting. I assume your new stereo is bluetooth capable so you can pair your phone to it?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I actually just ordered replacement speakers and tweeters today because one of my stock speakers is already broken. I was looking at the kicker upgrade package that is made for Subaru, however I ended up going with a different set that was cheaper but still kicker brand, same with the tweeters. Ill let you know what the verdict is once they come in.

·
Registered
611 Posts
rwr313 said:
billybob said:
Interesting. I assume your new stereo is bluetooth capable so you can pair your phone to it?
Yes. Rosen Universal lllH In-dash / 2 din Multi-Media Navigation GPS System - G3

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
billybob said:
rwr313 said:
billybob said:
Yes. Rosen Universal lllH In-dash / 2 din Multi-Media Navigation GPS System - G3
Does that work with the backup camera?

·
Registered
567 Posts
I replaced my entire system to include a custom fabricated sub box in the back.

To be honest I thought the stock speakers were fine, except for high notes. The tweeters are paper as the woofers in the doors are more sturdy.

I opted for Polk Audio DB6501 components for both front and rear. They are best speakers for my ears.

·
Registered
611 Posts
rwr313 said:
billybob said:
rwr313 said:
billybob said:
Does that work with the backup camera?
Yes

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BillyBob, how much was the Rosen unit? What features does it have that the OEM doesn't? What is the model? Thanks.

·
Registered
611 Posts
rwr313 said:
BillyBob, how much was the Rosen unit? What features does it have that the OEM doesn't? What is the model? Thanks. Purchased it through Ebay for $350 Rosen Universal lllH In-dash / 2 din Multi-Media Navigation GPS System - G3, bought wire harness and frame for about $20, also rear camera for $90. Paid someone $200 to put it in. I like it but two things I don't like there's no auto search button for radio stations, and if there's a back up traffic it wouldn't reroute you. I've only have had it a month so I'm still learning. Has steering controls, bluetooth, back up camera and satellite radio. I do like it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts