Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out inspecting the spare tire compartment on my Khaki CVT Premium and found a small clear plastic bag with two oval shaped, about 1 3/4 inch long rubber plugs inside. The bag states: "TO PRE-DELIVERY INSPECTOR: INSERT THESE RUBBER PLUGS INTO THE HOLES OF SIDE SILLS" with "IMPORTANT" printed 3 times on the bag. The matching holes are just in front of the rear tires on the underside of the metal sill. I've inserted them....anyone else have them missing?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Mine were not installed either, though they were in my glove box. Installed them after getting it home.

·
Registered
500 Posts
That's my assumption.

For the record, the venetian red CVT I test-drove also had them in the glove box rather than installed. I assume those pre-delivery inspectors are lazy or not very thorough.

·
Registered
243 Posts
chrisp said:
I was out inspecting the spare tire compartment on my Khaki CVT Premium and found a small clear plastic bag with two oval shaped, about 1 3/4 inch long rubber plugs inside. The bag states: "TO PRE-DELIVERY INSPECTOR: INSERT THESE RUBBER PLUGS INTO THE HOLES OF SIDE SILLS" with "IMPORTANT" printed 3 times on the bag. The matching holes are just in front of the rear tires on the underside of the metal sill. I've inserted them....anyone else have them missing?
Mine are not installed either.

·
Registered
927 Posts
I gotta check this ...

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
The pre-delivery inspector must not be doing their job, mine weren't installed either. But it was hard to see this little clear bag with black plugs in a black glovebox..

·
Registered
109 Posts
I will have to check this out. I didn't notice anything in the glove box, but I don't know that I've looked much beyond grabbing the manual once or twice (leaning from the driver's side). Definitely haven't dug around in the spare tire well!

Edit: After crawling around on the ground in the dark and giving the elderly neighbors some new fodder, I see my XV has the plugs installed.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I guess I didn't look hard enough when I got the car. Now I know where those little plugs go. LOL
Thanks!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Mine were not installed either, they were in the glove compartment. I saw that when I was inspecting the glove box before I drove off the dealership. I asked the salesman what they are for but he said he had no idea. Just installed them before I left work today.

·
Registered
128 Posts
dont have them installed either
mines not in the glove box or the spare tire area.. what the ****.

do you think the dealer would have these in stock?
or do they have to special order these from japan since they technically came with the car and some idiot threw them away

·
Registered
128 Posts
Unlike most people on here that had them in the glovebox. I didnt, so I went to the dealer to inquire about them. Turns out that they sell them individually at $3.46.

PLUG TIE DOWN
Part number: 90371CA010

The dealer I bought the car from offered to install them for free the next time I came in.
But this is good reference for anyone that needs it.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I checked mine out today and they are indeed installed. The hole is pretty easy to find with your fingers, just inside the sill a couple inches in front of the rear wheel wells.

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
I smell a sticky thread... DO IT PLZ!!!

·
Registered
130 Posts
found the baggie in my glovebox... sounds like there is no PDI happening on these vehicles..too new maybe..

·
Registered
714 Posts
I doubt that there's not PDI happening, dealerships are pretty stringent about getting those done even before a customer test drives a car to be sure there is nothing major wrong with the vehicle. My guess is during the quick PDI they are either missing those plugs completely (not looking for them in the glove box or trunk area) or opting not to take the time to put them in.

·
Registered
130 Posts
In my case, definitely no PDI..I took it to get the plugs installed today and they found that my tires were inflated to 60psi (after I told them that the TPMS was going haywire)
I was more disappointed in the dealer than pissed
they "compensated" me with 2 free oil changes

RR

1 - 20 of 32 Posts