Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else really bothered by how deep the armrest compartment is? In my past two Subarus, the armrests had two sections - top and bottom - that opened individually. The top was great for things like pens/paper, Chapstick, gum, everyday items. The bottom compartment was good for larger items that you might like to keep in your car but don't need to access often.

I hate digging little things out of the Crosstrek's armrest compartment, especially while driving. It is too hard to feel what you are looking for and it is distracting.

That's just my little rant...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yeah, the armrest compartment is really not useful when driving. The design is very similar to the one in my 1996 Outback but bigger. You also might pull your back out turning to plug anything in inside the compartment...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yep, the first thing I bought from the accesories dept. a week after I bought my car. $29 but it was worth it. That's where my iPod sits right now.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Ordered the center console tray from Subaru last week. Hopefully it comes in this week. My Subie won't be complete without it.

·
Registered
243 Posts
ClubCrosstrek said:
SkyNet said:
Amazon has some as well that I purchased.
Same price? ~$30?
They are $25 on Amazon. Ordered one of those and a black powder coated steel license plate frame this morning.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Finally got my tray for the center console tray. It's really useful and I'm glad that I got it. It's just the right depth for a cell phone and has a nice rubber bottom. Still, $25 is a bit much for a couple ounces of plastic and rubber.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
CrossTrekFan said:
Finally got my tray for the center console tray. It's really useful and I'm glad that I got it. It's just the right depth for a cell phone and has a nice rubber bottom. Still, $25 is a bit much for a couple ounces of plastic and rubber.
Yeah, I agree. Actually I have been kind of hesitant to order one because of how much it is. Sure $25 isn't a lot, but for what you're getting...

·
Registered
243 Posts
ClubCrosstrek said:
CrossTrekFan said:
Yeah, I agree. Actually I have been kind of hesitant to order one because of how much it is. Sure $25 isn't a lot, but for what you're getting...
It certainly isn't a priority purchase. I had some money left on an Amazon gift card so I picked a few things up with it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Received my center console tray and it's pretty neat to have a separator for my armrest. But I haven't really used it since I don't really use the armrest storage.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I looked at these at my dealer's parts shop. They are made really well, but $30 bucks was scaring me off. Then, like was just said here, I realized that ~$30 is easily spent to eat out, and I don't even blink at that. So, I'm going to order one, along with the front license plate holder, and the bumper moldings for the Outback to fit on my XV.

To break up the "Black Hole" look, anyone order the ivory to go in a black console?

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Skidder said:
I looked at these at my dealer's parts shop. They are made really well, but $30 bucks was scaring me off. Then, like was just said here, I realized that ~$30 is easily spent to eat out, and I don't even blink at that. So, I'm going to order one, along with the front license plate holder, and the bumper moldings for the Outback to fit on my XV.

To break up the "Black Hole" look, anyone order the ivory to go in a black console?
I was one click away from ordering the console tray, but shipping online is lie $12, seems ridiculous! I am going to ask my local dealer if they have them in stock. Also, I have the ivory interior and was thinking about the black console tray, but I don't think I'll do it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I hear you on the shipping...I am looking at the front plate holder (Texas requires two plates, and I don't want to just screw it into the front bumper) and shipping is 15.00. However, when I added my bumper molding, it only went up by two bucks. I'll add the tray and see what it does to the shipping.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts