Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recently, when I turn the ignition, I will see all the normal warning lights turn on momentarily then off, but the ATX Oil Temp light stays on longer than usual, then turns off. Before they all turned on then off at the same time. Is there something wrong with the car that I should know about?

Heres a vid of what I mean:
XV startup AT Oil temp??

·
Registered
800 Posts
lorenzoffez said:
To possess a whitened skin is among my frustrations. I'm preparing to make use of glutathione tablets in achieving this annoyance. Do you folks recognize if this is risk-free?
Despite the amazing advice of the spammer above, I haven't noticed this problem on mine. Maybe some of the more mechanically inclined amongst us will have some advice.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Tate it to the dealer, see if the car is throwing out any codes. I can't think of why the light would lag

·
Registered
79 Posts
Best to take it to the dealer, there is nothing to be offered here. If you read what a Subaru tech relayed to me here http://clubcrosstrek.com/index.php/topic,828.msg9019.html#msg9019 you will see the complexity in checking even just the fluid. We'd be guessing even if we felt it may be a sensor crapping out. Hope that simplifies your decision.

Keep us posted in this thread with what the solution is.

Cheers
Doug

·
Registered
109 Posts
Have you contacted service yet?

I noticed mine does this today too. That "At Oil Temp" light stays on briefly after the other lights go off, just like the video you posted. The manual says to call service of the light flashes after engine start. Does this constitute the light flashing? I would expect a blinking light by the term "flash."

I am supposed to road trip tomorrow too. Don't know what to do.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I never paid much attention to the lights on the dash until I saw this thread. Looked down at the dash lights as I started the car leaving work today. The AT Oil Temp light stayed on for just a bit longer (less than a second) than the others and then turned off. My car was outside for +8 hours at less than 32 degrees today and I have about 1400 miles on the odo. I also let the gauges do the full "sweep" and back to rest before I actually started the car. Who knows, maybe it just takes a bit for the temp sensor to check out as normal before the light goes off.

Anyways, I looked in the owner's manual and it says if the light is on while you are driving, the CVT transmission fluid is too hot and you should pull over and idle until the light turns off. If it is flashing, then the transmission control system may not be working properly and you should contact the nearest Subaru dealer immediately. Mine does neither so I'm not going to worry about it. My CVT has been behaving normally as far as I can tell.

...also, just searched youtube. There is a video with a 2013 cvt impreza that does the same thing.

edit... also ran a check with my OBDII reader. No codes and nothing in the freeze frame.

·
Registered
109 Posts
LittleBigHead said:
...also, just searched youtube. There is a video with a 2013 cvt impreza that does the same thing.

edit... also ran a check with my OBDII reader. No codes and nothing in the freeze frame.
Good to know re: no codes!

I thought I posted an edit here, but must have been another board I look at. I found some older general Subaru threads that mentioned that (at least with early 00s models), in normal function, the light would stay on for a couple seconds right after engine start. A problem would be indicated by a light that did not go off at all, or one that clearly blinked on and off 16 times. This seems like a normal function and not trouble, just never observed it before this post planted a seed for me to take notice.

·
Registered
421 Posts
May be a normal relay response

·
Registered
148 Posts
Under more scrutinous observation, the "AWD" light shuts off at the same time as the "AT Oil Temp" light. :p

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Awesome. Thanks for the replies. Glad that this is normal. I guess I just never noticed it before?

·
Registered
714 Posts
Mine does it sometimes as well. Talked to a Subaru master tech at work and he said it's a normal function.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts